Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal
(First notice published date -2078/08/20)
Social Service Center (SOSEC) Nepal, an organization giving high-priority and sensitive for the issues related
to women and children, is working in harmonious partnership with different organizations in Dailekh, Kalikot
and Surkhet districts of Karnali Province as well as Achham district of SudurPaschim Province. It is working for
the right and integrated development of women, children, and endangered Raute community, marginalized and
back warded communities on those districts. In addition, the organization has been adopting the policy of Child
protection/safeguarding of women and children and zero tolerance against corruption.
SOSEC Nepal invites applications from committed, experienced, and dynamic Nepali citizens to lead the
organization in the position of Executive Director.
Position : Executive Director
Request Number : 1
Main role and responsibilities :
Purpose of Job
Overall management of organization and programs as the leader of the management team under the
supervision of key authority of the board with the responsibility of develop/revise policies, plan and programs;
coordinate with donors and partners; making decision for day-to-day administrative functions; and overall
execution of the program activities.
Summary of the Key Job Functions
- Regular update of programs to Board and coordinating with boards for organizational governance
- Program Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Reporting and liaison with donors/government
- Overall monitoring and evaluation
- Fundraising and networking
Governance and development
- Support board in drafting policies, improving systems and developing procedures and guidelines of the
- Implement all policies approved by the Board
- Prepare the annual plan and budget for approval by Board
- Ensure good governance with transparency, accountability, inclusion, participation and gender issues.
- Lead organization development and capacity building of the board members and staffs
- Represent the organization in different forums and to stakeholders.
- Ensure annual plan and budget of all programs/projects are timely developed and submitted to partners and concern stakeholders.
- Manage the project cycle of all projects of the organization and ensure proper design, implementation,
monitoring, and evaluation.
- Ensure effective implementation, monitoring, and donor reporting of all the projects
- Lead Monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management
- Manage the baseline process, mid-term review, final evaluations and research works of the organization.
- Ensure reporting of all projects is done in a framework of the respective donors within the deadline and
- Lead grant prospecting and proposal development
- Support the SOSEC’S team to develop program and plans in line with organization’s strategic priorities
- Oversee funding agreements for new projects
- Initiate innovative and creative concepts of fundraising from both local and international resources
- Make smooth coordination, coordination, and contacts with potential donors and development partners.
- Ensure all financial compliances
- Ensure all financial transactions of the organization are done in line with laws, organizational policies and donor compliances
- Responsible for accuracy in financial reporting as per donors/partners and organization policies
- Take a lead role for ensuring auditing of the organization is carried out timely, and ensure adequate
management response in audit findings
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in social science or management discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in managerial position with progressive responsibilities.
- Previous experience in developing successful proposals for external donor fundraising is required.
- Proven experience of managing projects on diverse sectors
- Experience in strategic planning, budgeting and policy drafting in CSOs/NGO context is desired.
- Adequate skills of writing a standard report for donors and partner organization as well as annual and semiannual reports of the organization.
- The ability to lead and guiding for producing standard analytical researches and publications
- Advance professional level spoken and written language skills in Nepali and English languages
Other Competence Required
- Good understanding of the socio-economic and political context of Nepal
- Good understanding of RBA, Advocacy, Project Cycle Management, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Knowledge of local laws and compliances
- LFA, M&E and reporting skills
- Planning and budgeting skills
- Research and data analysis skills
- Procurement management
- Communication and coordination skills
- Problem-solving, personnel management, and time management.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Good command on computer applications including data analysis packages
Information regarding exam:
- Kind of exam: Written and Interview
- Short list publish date: 18th Dec 2021
- Written and Interview date: Will be informed after shortlist
- Service and Benefits: As per the policy of organization
- End date for application: 16th Dec 2021 (5:00 pm) through email email@example.com or can be submitted to central office of Dailekh.
- Documents to be submitted with application: CV, National citizenship photocopy, academic qualification documents and experience letter photocopies.
(Note: For the post, local people, women, Dalit, Janajati, Disadvantage people are highly encouraged to
For detail information:
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal
Fax: 089 420093