Organization: Action Against Hunger
Created in 1979, Action Against Hunger | Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is an international humanitarian organization fighting against hunger in the world. Its mission is to save lives eradicating hunger through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, in particular during and after emergency situations caused by conflicts and natural disasters. Today, Action Against Hunger is a major player in the fight against hunger in the world. Structured on an international network, it provides a coordinated response in nearly 50 countries. Its priority is to have effective actions in the fields and testify about vulnerable population. Since the reasons for hunger are many, its response is multi-sectoral based on solid expertise.
Action Against Hunger started its work in Nepal from 2005 and has been operational in different parts of the country addressing undernutrition through integrated approach following the Nepal Government’s Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan. Currently operational in 4 districts (Nawalparasi East, Nawalparasi West, Nuwakot and Rasuwa), it is fighting hunger through different interventions viz. Advocacy, Food Security & Resources of Existence, Mental Health & Child Care practices, Nutrition & Health, Research, Risk & Disaster Management and WASH.
Position: Senior Logistics Assistant
• Plan vehicles movement and ensure good working conditions of the fleet (vehicles, generators etc.)
• Stock management and follow up stock management report
• Support in Facility Management
• Support in procurement and online procurement tool
Qualification And Required Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject with at least 1 year of experience in related field.
• Should have organizational and facilitation skills
• Knows well the intervention area
• Should have Flexibility in work
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Sensitive and responsive to Gender, Age Diversity and Social Inclusion
• Ability to work in diverse environment
• Excellent standard of written and spoken English and Nepali
• Excellent computer skills including navigating email, internet and MS Word and Excel
Contract Type : Fixed Term
Contract Duration : 3 months
Duty Station : Kathmandu
Last date to apply: 21st May 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit a motivation letter with expected salary, updated CV with two referees through email: [email protected] by 21st May 2019 by 5 pm. The Vacancy Reference (ACFLOGKASLA) must be mentioned in the subject otherwise the application will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Action Contre la Faim Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications. Telephonic enquiries will not be entertained.
Action Contre La Faim is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities and members from disadvantaged /underrepresented ethnic groups.