Company: Deerwalk Services Pvt. Ltd.
Deerwalk Services Pvt. Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deerwalk Inc. based in Lexington, Massachusetts, USA. Deerwalk is a healthcare analytics and custom software development company focused on delivering Big Data solutions to the healthcare industry. Deerwalk Services builds software and provides IT services for Deerwalk and its clients.
Position: Senior Database Administrator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Kathmandu, Nepal
Education Level : Bachelor
Experience Required : More than or equals to 4 years
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
• 4+ years MySQL/MariaDB Server Administration experience required
• Strong knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
• Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
• Experience with replication configuration in MySQL/MariaDB
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Knowledge of limitations in MySQL/MariaDB and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
• Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage
• Experience with cloud-based databases such as Amazon Relational Database
• Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents
• Good analytical, time management, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Senior DBA position will be responsible for maintaining the company’s database systems including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring and reporting critical events and documentation. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Provision MySQL/MariaDB instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
• Manage Production, QA and development database environments
• Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality, and dependencies
• Allocate system storage and plan storage requirements for database systems
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
• Perform periodic health checks and reports on database systems
• Develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices
• Configure and maintain Amazon Redshift clusters
• Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log issues, connectivity issues, and security issues
Last date to apply: 7th May 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Email your application and resume to email@example.com by Thursday, May 7, 2020. Mention “DBA” in the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. Deerwalk is an equal opportunity employer.