Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invites applications from suitable and qualified professional for the position of Senior Advisor Value Chain Promotion with the Local and Provincial Economic Development (LPED) project. The LPED project focuses on improving the framework conditions for local economic development in selected municipalities and value chains at local and provincial level in Province 5, Karnali and Sudurpashchim.
Position: Senior Advisor Value Chain Promotion
Duty Station: Kathmandu
• Lead the identification of value chain interventions and the implementation of these, including strategy development, participatory planning processes, public-private-cooperative dialogues
• Coordinate value chain interventions in LPED provinces and partner municipalities by providing advisory services to stakeholders from the public, private and cooperative sectors on economic development, business, entrepreneurship and value chain promotion
• Lead and manage a team of GIZ employees in the effective delivery of technical services from remote offices
• Support LPED in monitoring achievements, documenting learning experiences and preparing case studies to support M&E, Knowledge Management and Public Relation by collecting impact data and reporting on this
• Ensure for effective and efficient planning and use of financial resources of the project related to value chain promotion
• Coordinate with with project team, across GIZ projects as well as with other development partners to ensure alignment and complementarity of interventions related to the value chains
• Identify potential partners, stakeholders and develop linkages with them to work on innovative approaches
Required Qualification and Experience:
• Master’s or postgraduate study in Agricultural Science or comparable fields of study
• More than ten years of experience in promoting agricultural and non-agricultural value chains
• More than ten years of experience in advisory services
• Minimum ten years of experience leading a team of experts
• Prior experience in autonomously leading projects
• Professional experience in development cooperation and preferably with GIZ
• International work experience is an advantage
• Ability to communicate in a multicultural environment
• Ability to work independently and with a solution-oriented attitude
• Extensive experience conducting research with demonstrated analytical and report writing capacities
• Work experience in the field of (local) economic development would be an advantage
• Knowledge on GIZ’ project management tools like ValueLinks and Capacity WORKS would be an advantage
• Very good communication of both written and spoken English and Nepali
• Sound computer skills (MS Office)
Last date to apply: 28 June 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Nepali citizens are requested to send a complete application including CV with two referees to the email address <firstname.lastname@example.org> by 28 June 2020. Only applications sent by email will be accepted.
(Please write in the subject line while applying by position: for “Ref. Nr. 20008.- Senior Advisor Value Chain Promotion”)
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the interview and other assessment exercises. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
The salary and social benefits will correspond to the GIZ rule applicable to national staff. Especially women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply.