Company: Mott MacDonald
Position: Senior Administration and Finance Officer
The Senior Administration and Finance Officer reporting to Deputy Programme Manager will perform following responsibilities:
• Liaise with administrative and technical teams at regional level to ensure accurate forecasting, budgeting and prompt disbursal and reconciliation of expenditure.
• Prepare and carry out day-to-day financial transactions
• Ensuring financial transactions are properly authorised, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation and can be easily extracted for the purposes of preparing financial statements and audits.
• Maintain up-to-date programme accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available
• Preparing vouchers and processing approvals for timely payments/settlements and ensuring timely and correct posting of vouchers into MM accounting system.
• Ensuring that regional and Palika staff are aware of administrative and financial regulations.
• Preparing and submitting timely and reliable financial documents and reports to branch finance team.
• Obtain necessary approvals from senior management for required expenditure.
• Oversee petty cash.
• Ensure finance templates and processes are well briefed to the regional and palika team.
• Review and update cash book/tracker for assigned palika offices.
• undertake routine spot checks and verification of payments/costs.
· Managing overall administrative, logistical and facility needs including mobilisation of staff and sub-consultants travelling at regional level
· Maintain good synchronisation with Deputy Programme Manager, Administrative Coordinator and branch Operations team.
• Supervise office support assistant and driver based in regional office.
• Provide support to the technical team in the organisation of events, meetings and workshops.
· Carry out general office duties
• Review and update procurement plan, initiate and undertake local procurement, issues RFQs. Review quotations of suppliers and carry out cost/benefit analysis in keeping with established protocol. Check all invoices against service/purchase order.
• Update and share procurement tracker to all concern staff on a monthly basis.
• Support the delivery arrangements of all goods and services throughout NCCSP working area.
• Ensure due diligence, proper documentation and storage of procurement files.
• Manage list of preferred suppliers in provincial level and maintain vendor database ensuring that all appropriate due diligence processes are followed, and that procurement is compliant with DFID and Mott MacDonald procurement policies.
Establish a good working relationship with local vendors, including the establishment of
• framework agreements.
• Overall management of the fleet at regional level adhering the company policy in coordination with Regional Manager.
• Verify log sheet of vehicles, fuel invoices, fuel monitoring sheet and ensure that accurate records are maintained
• Ensure timely renewal of vehicle registration documents, repair and maintenance of the vehicle
• Ensure safety equipment is up to date
• Support in provision of local transportation and compliance with operational and security procedures
• Maintain asset register at regional level and coordinate to carryout physical verification of assets
• Maintain custodian record/ Temporary Assets allocation form for asset and inventory.
• Supervise the allocation and use made of the Assets/equipment at regional office.
• Ensure installation, maintenance and repairs of the equipment, including regular maintenance of the generator.
• Relevant professional qualification in accounting and finance;
• Significant experience in the field of finance, administration, accounting and audit using project management information and quality assurance systems;
• Proven experience in project administration role;
• Working to deadlines, multi-tasking and being flexible to adapt to changing priorities;
• Being proactive and using own initiative to make decisions and take responsibility for actions independently;
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Advanced Excel skills
• Able to plan ahead and prioritise workloads (of self and others) to maximum efficiency and productivity
• Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and teamwork skills, and able to relate to others confidently
• Demonstrable attention to detail and accuracy
• Clear thinking and effective decision-making, able to retain composure under pressure.
• Able to engage with stakeholders at all levels within a cross-cultural environment
• Self-starter, motivated to actively engage in own continuous learning and development
• Working with or for DFID, or other clients and their policies, processes and procedures
• Experience in managing donor funded projects/programmes
• Experience with an ERP (SAP, Oracle, Lawson, Deltek)
Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned management, development and engineering consultancy serving the public and private sector around the world, with more than 16,000 staff worldwide.
Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within the international development sectors of Environment, Climate, Water, Roads, Rural & Urban Development, Education, Health, Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries. Together we implement and manage projects in developing countries and emerging economies around the world, supporting national governments and municipalities in policy, planning, project design and delivery. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to improve the lives of people in need