Website SAPPROS Nepal
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Project: Pilot project on Home Grown School Meal (HGSM) Program
Location: Darchula district headquarters with extensive field visits to all nine Palikas in the district
Project Partner: Mercy Corps
Immediate Supervisor: District Coordinator
Background of SAPPROS Nepal
SAPPROS Nepal is a national, non-governmental and non-profit making organization established in 1991 and dedicated to reducing poverty in Nepal. To this end, it works on five holistic components: (a) Organizational development and capacity building; (b) Infrastructure and WASH; (c) Food security and livelihood; (d) DRR, and Resilience and Climate Justice; and (e) Health and Nutrition. The organization follows the principles of integrating institutions, infrastructure, resource generation and local capacity development in order to achieve sustainable development and increase resilience of women, poor, marginalized and vulnerable groups. Through various developmental and livelihood projects, SAPPROS’ outreach increased to 52 districts in the past 30 years, serving over 574,000 households.
World Food Program (WFP) Nepal as a lead/prime organization in partnership with Mercy Corps and other partners is going to implement a four-year School Meal Program funded by USDA/Food for Education. In the consortium, Mercy Corps provides strategic leadership for the program’s two of the sub-activities ‘Local Purchase of Food: Hybrid Food Basket’ and ‘Home Grown School Feeding: Technical Assistance Post-Hand Over’. The aim of the Mercy Corps’ interventions is to facilitate the development of a fully sustainable and locally managed food system for schools. This includes designing and implementing the strategy and detailed roadmap for schools to self-manage a cash-based program where they locally procure and manage relationships and contracts with local producers, cooperatives, and suppliers to supply the appropriate and necessary school meal food items during relevant timeframes. The program activities will link school feeding programs to smallholder farmers, farmer’s cooperatives, school management, community groups and local government to enhance the program’s long-term sustainability. The target area of the program covers five districts in the Sudurpaschim Province (Darchula, Bajhang, Doti, Achham, and Bajura) and one district in the Karnali Province (Jajarkot), working with 791 schools.
Purpose of Position
Finance and Admin Officer will work under the supervision of the project coordinator and will be
responsible for effective and efficient administrative & financial management of the project. Admin and Finance Officer will preparation and submission of reports to program lead and partner/donor timely. The person having this position will be working closely with the organization’s finance and program team to run the smooth operations of financial and logistics management.
The Finance and Admin Officer will support the program team to manage local and regional procurement of HGSFP and needs to support for source to pay (S2P).
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
S/he is responsible for overall Financial and Administrative & Procurement Management including planning, implementation and monitoring.
A. Administration and Procurement
- Maintained office equipment, materials, and properties as per required.
- Keep fixed and non-fixed assets record in register, loan book of assets, and personal assets record in register.
- Maintain office premises to provide good working environment.
- Ensure motorbike logbook has maintained and prepared vehicle/motorbike log report monthly basis.
- Ensure that the leave records, time sheet, work plan, attendance register, and personal file
of each employee have been maintained and updated
- Ensure that staff and office properties are insured through a reliable and recognized insurance company
- Arrange venues for the training, workshop, and meetings; and provide logistics support.
- Ensure all procurement management and inventory management has followed up and compliance with donor agency and partnership guidelines.
- Coordinate HGSFP procurement activities and ensure that the procurement supports the program efficiently and compliantly.
- Responsible for the management of all project procurement functions compliance and control as per the organizational policy and procurement guideline.
- Work closely with program management team to facilitate procurement planning and execution.
- Skill and Knowledge of preparing journal voucher, control ledger, Bank reconciliation and other related financial reports as per the provided formats of the donor.
- Maintain the good working relationship with the vendors, bank, program colleagues and other related stakeholders for smooth handling of the project finance function.
- Prepare vouchers; ensure proper budget coding, cheque writing and submission for approval to the concerned authorities.
- Timely payments of vendor’s bills and settlement of advance, liabilities and receivables etc. and reconcile periodically.
- Responsible for annual remuneration tax assessment, monthly payroll, retirement fund and TDS management. Work closely with the Finance & Admin coordinator for this job.
- Ensure the financial management system is in accordance with partner/donor’s & HO guidelines, International & National Accounting Standards.
- Data entry into the accounting software or manually and generate reports as required.
- Produce / compile financial reports as and when required.
- Monitor petty cash and manage all bank transactions.
- Facilitate internal, external and project audit.
- Day to day support on financial management of an organization.
- Excellent computer skills including web base applications and software e.g FAMAS and experience of accounting and internal control procedures, analytical skill, time management, flexibility and proactive, team player, program understanding and English & Nepali language.
D. Required qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business management with at least 3 year experience in related fields
- A clear understanding of program support, financial management, procurement, logistics,
administration ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Strong team coordination, listening, consensus building skills.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action so as to not delay program activities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work
independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment
Means of application:
Interested candidates, who meet the set criteria, are encouraged to submit their Motivation Letter, updated CV along with 3 references through email to Human Resource Manager at email@example.com, SAPPROS Nepal, Babarmahal, Kathmandu no later than 5:00 pm on 23 June 2022, Thursday.
Only the short-listed candidates will be notified for the further assessment.
SAPPROS Nepal reserves the right to cancel the vacancy partly or wholly without any reasons whatsoever.
Women, Dalits, Marginalized, and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for the position.
No telephone calls will be entertained.
For job details, please Click Here.