Website Rural Health and Education Service Trust (RHEST)
(ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Associate Executive Director (AED)
Position: Associate Executive Director (AED) based in Kathmandu and requires 25% field visit
RHEST is dedicated to ending all forms of gender-based violence (GBV), including human trafficking, child marriage, and child labor. Currently, RHEST is supporting the formal education of more than 12,000 vulnerable girls in the rural communities in 18 districts of Nepal. Women and girls’ empowerment and reproductive health are other focused areas of RHEST.
Since 2011, AHF has received funds for RHEST programs from the Foundation for a Just Society (FJS), a US based philanthropic organization. FJS works to help develop capacity of women-led organizations working in the sphere of gender equity. Through an associated organization, the Foundation for a Just Society International (FJSI), FJS has offered RHEST funding for such capacity development, with an integral part of this development being the appointment of an Associate Executive Director to help RHEST grow to a point where it can independently manage large grants directly from donors such as FJSI.
While the AED’s position will be funded by FJSI, its responsibilities will not be limited to activities funded by FJS and FJSI. Rather, the duties and responsibilities of the AED will be organization wide.
Scope of Work
The AED will report directly to RHEST’s executive director and board of directors and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the executive director in structuring RHEST’s organizational, financial, administrative and communication processes to enable RHEST to manage large grants independently, effectively and efficiently. Specifically:
-The preparation and presentation of long-term strategic plans and financial forecasts for individual programs and the organization as a whole.
-The preparation of funding proposals for existing and potential donors.
-The preparation and presentation of progress, activity and financial reports for existing and potential donors.
- Conduct a knowledge gap analysis among RHEST senior staff and formulate a training plan to fill gaps found.
- Establish a methodical program evaluation process, incorporating MIS statistical data, to inform of areas where program improvement is needed, and identify areas of success that can be communicated to donors and other stakeholders.
- Develop supplemental program proposals to better achieve RHEST’s short and long-term goals in the prevention of girl trafficking and improving gender equality.
- Master’s degree in management, social science and an area related to human and societal development, project management, organizational development and leadership, international relations or gender studies with 5-7 years of working experience in development sector.
- A demonstrated passion for the eradication of girl trafficking, child marriage, gender-based violence, and other gender inequities within Nepalese society.
- A proven track record in organizational leadership, and team development.
- Senior leadership experience in Nepal NGOs or CBOs working in human trafficking prevention and/or gender equality.
- Proven proficiency and high-level experience in communication in English and Nepalese spoken and written languages.
- Good experience in financial management.
- Proven proficiency and high-level experience in formal and academically rigorous project evaluation.
- Given the current environment due to COVID-19 restrictions, knowledge and experience in the use of technology for communication, and distance and remote training and learning will be advantageous.
- The AED will work with and report directly to the executive director, and president and board of directors.
- The AED will work closely with donor representatives particularly the AHF country director and the FJSI program director.
- The AED will also work closely with and guide and mentor, senior RHEST program, administrative and financial team members, and all other members of the RHEST staff.
Salary and benefits: As per the rules and regulations of the organization (Not less than 200K in Gross)
Interested candidates are requested to send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for “Associate Executive Director (AED)” with expected salary and a recent CV including 2 contactable references and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm, 21st July 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the further selection process. For the detailed Job Description, please download from the following links or call at 01-4537371.
Rural Health and Education Service Trust (RHEST) strongly encourage qualified women from marginalized ethnic group to apply.
Note: RHEST reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.