Website International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
Research Project Coordinator
Kathmandu, Bagmati Province, Nepal
Closing Date – August 18, 2022
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as the Research Project Coordinator.
The Research Project Coordinator will provide hands on project implementation support on various research projects of International Water Management Institute (IWMI) in Nepal. The person will support the Institute in achieving impacts, outreach and visibility from its scientific research results, tools, and multi-stakeholder dialogue on science-policy-practice in national, subnational, regional and international level. The person will need to lead coordination, implementation and documentation of research field travel, data, workshops, training, knowledge and learning forums, consultancy contract, partner agreement and monitoring of deliverables of different projects in Nepal. The person will coordinate and support to prepare quarterly and half-yearly progress reports to submit to funding agencies. S/he will support to oversee project budget expenses, document outputs and results in coordination with Country Representative and project leaders.
Duties AND Responsibilities:
- Support in organization of workshops, field visits, knowledge forums and high-level meetings related to regional and national project of IWMI in Nepal.
- Support the Project Leaders to prepare, implement, monitor/track, and document annual workplan, progress report, outputs and results.
- Support the IWMI country representative in Nepal to coordinate the implementation of R4D projects, including the NEXUS Gains and SI-MFS initiatives
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement and meetings required for the Project Leaders as and when needed.
- Initiate the process of consultancy requests (as per IWMI policy)
- Initiate the process of Intern/fellowships requests (as per IWMI policy)
- Financial administration of Partner Agreements – including disbursements against deliverables, requesting financial reports, and assisting with partner audits (where applicable)
- Track partner progress – including monitoring deliverables and expenditure progress and clearing commitments
- Facilitate the process of travel requests (as per IWMI policy), including visa applications
- Facilitate local and regional travel arrangements
- Facilitate required project procurement activities,
- Assist in coordination and partnership with government, development partners,, private sector, and development partners.
- Maintain project specific data and reports.
- Support to prepare and document progress reports, including technical reports to submit to funding agencies and partners.
- Perform partnership management support and networking activities as required by the Institute.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree in natural resources, water resources, environmental science, or water governance, development studies or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional and practical experience.
- Demonstrated skills in program/project management, related software, and organization of events, and travel plans.
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation, and partnership management.
- Excellent proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, other computer software, and database management tools and application.
- Ability to develop terms of reference for procuring services.
- Has facilitation, coordination and documentation skills and experience.
- Ability to work under pressure, and prioritize, plan, implement and monitor project work plans,
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of diversity, inclusion, discrimination, and gender issues in Nepal.
- Respect and practice organizational values and work with professional integrity.
- Has willingness to travel in remote areas and, if necessary, to other regions with limited facilities.
- A strong analytical mind, with the ability to synthesize and communicate persuasively.
What we are offering:
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Nepal will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years with the possibility of extension.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply for the position by following the application instructions at www.iwmi.org/jobs. We will be accepting applications through 24:00 (IST) August 18, 2022 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis). Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.