Organization: Seva Foundation
Position: Regional Program Manager – Nepal & Cambodia, Seva Foundation (Based out of Nepal or Cambodia)
Seva Foundation (Seva) is a global, non-profit, eye care organization working with partners in 20 countries to transform lives and strengthen communities, by restoring sight and preventing blindness.
Since 1978, Seva has provided sight-saving surgeries, eyeglasses, medicine, and other eye care services to more than 40 million people in underserved communities around the world.
Seva trains local eye care providers and develops self-sustaining eye programs around the world. Together with its partners, the organization provides critical eye care to underserved communities, especially women, children, and indigenous peoples.
Seva has helped more than five million blind people regain their sight in more than 20 countries.
For more information about Seva, please visit http://www.seva.org.
JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Seva currently has program offices in Cambodia and Nepal. The Regional Program Manager- Nepal and Cambodia (RPM-NC) will work within the Program Department, with responsibility for the implementation and quality of all program efforts, identification of new initiatives, day-to-day management of program activities, building and maintaining partnerships, and evidencing work.
Within the Program Department, the RPM-NC shall be a part of the Program Implementation Team, overseeing operations, partner relations, funds utilization, new initiatives and measurement of impact. A responsive process of planning, implementing and assessing, guides the work of the team.
Reporting to the Deputy Program Director based in Berkeley, CA, USA, the RPM-NC shall play a vital role within the Program Implementation Team, in supervising the expanding portfolio of Seva programs in Nepal and Cambodia and facilitating the development of programs in China (Tibet) and Pakistan.
S/he shall be responsible for coordinating and providing support for the implementation of Seva’s Global Sight Initiative (GSI) in Nepal, Cambodia, China and Pakistan. The RPM-NC shall additionally be responsible for preparing donor reports and communications, documenting learnings from GSI in the region and representing Seva at key coordination meetings, apart from sourcing collaborations in emerging sectors such as Women’s Empowerment, Job Creation, Employment, Poverty, etc.
The RPM-NC shall liaise with Country Programs and Berkeley staff, to resolve Country Office and/or regional issues and manage the Directors of Cambodia and Nepal. Frequent travel to partner hospitals across the region, is a part of the job.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(A) Program Development
(1) Support partners in the region to review and submit proposals, as needed;
(2) Oversee funding agreements for new projects, sending the same to partners for review and signature;
(3) Support grant prospecting and proposal development in the region;
(4) Work with the Country Programs to develop program plans for their countries in line with Seva strategic priorities.
(B) Program Implementation
(1) Monitor progress of programs against deliverables;
(2) Strengthen tracking and information management of program progress and achievements, across Country Programs;
(3) Review, edit, and provide substantive feedback on grant reports, ensuring their submission to donors;
(4) Maintain the region’s grant filing system at HQ and detailed lists of the region’s active grants by country, including reporting deadlines, and alert colleagues as appropriate; Share grant details and relevant documentation with Country Offices;
(5) Ensure grant payments are disbursed as outlined in the funding agreements and approve funding requests received from Country Offices, in line with budgets;
(6) Review the spending for grants pertinent to the region, based on the job report generated by the Finance Director; Flag under/ overspending for Seva Nepal, and/or Seva Cambodia; Work with Operations and Finance Coordinator to prepare and submit records, as needed;
(7) Conduct field visits to partners, to understand progress and learnings and to gather feedback on the program and country strategies.
(1) Coordinate and lead monthly calls with country teams
(2) Maintain ongoing Country Program communications and facilitate communication across the two Country Programs, Program Department and Seva;
(3) Partner with other regional officers, to share best practices across the network;
(4) Actively support learning and ensure that promising practices and lessons learned locally are disseminated globally, and vice versa.
(1) Support the organization’s advocacy efforts, including sharing of programmatic highlights and breaking news from partners;
(2) Ensure external communication about the region is accurate and relevant;
(3) Represent Seva and participate in representational visits, events and meetings as requested;
(4) Coordinate with other INGOs working in the region, as needed.
(E) Staff Development
(1) Support Country Directors in building annual performance and personal development plans and subsequently rolling out plans to concerned staff;
(2) Work with the Country Directors, mentoring, training and developing the Nepal and Cambodia teams for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development, or other, relevant field.
(1) Around 10 years of overall experience, including a minimum of five in leading/ managing programs at the regional level;
(2) Familiarity with best practices followed by well-managed, international, non-profits, in the area of program management, covering program design, implementation and evaluation;
(3) Familiarity with countries in the region shall be an advantage;
(4) Prior experience of working with and/or understanding the work culture of US based non-profits, shall be an advantage.
Skills and Attributes
(1) Proven ability to effectively manage relationships;
(2) Excellent written and communication skills;
(3) Demonstrable ability to effectively liaise with people within and across departments in a multi-cultural environment;
(4) Highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible with good sense of humor;
(5) Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in culturally diverse environments;
(6) Ability to prioritize and work under pressure in fast-paced, multi-task team environment;
(7) Excellent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and familiarity with project management software;
(8) Manage multiple and complex tasks; Thrive under pressure, time and complexity;
(9) Strong people skills; Develop strong team spirit;
(10) Demonstrable skills of interfacing successfully with internal actors, donors and partners to resolve program issues;
(11) Demonstrable proficiency in a representational role. Ability to speak on eye health issues with internal and external audiences, shall be an advantage;
(12) Well organized and self-motivated with demonstrable writing, management, and creative problem-solving skills;
(13) Aligns with Seva values.
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is attractive. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
LOCATION: Nepal or Cambodia
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
Last date to apply: July 26, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/seva by or before July 26, 2020.