Website REED Nepal
Rural Education and Environment Development Center (REED Nepal) is a non-governmental organization based in Kathmandu. its goal is to ensure Quality Inclusive Education. Currently, its programs coverage is in 12 districts in Nepal. We work closely with government authorities to promote quality education for children education at community schools’ basic level in integrated and right based approach. REED Nepal invites applications from the eligible and committed candidates for the following three positions based in Solukhumbu district:
1. Position: Education Development Officer / Maths Thematic Trainer – 1(One)
Education Qualification: Master Degree in Mathematics
2. Position: Education Development Officer/ Science Thematic Trainer: 1(One)
Education Qualification: Master Degree in Science
3. Position: Education Development Officer/ English Language Trainer: 1(One)
Education Qualification: Master Degree in English Education
Work Experience – All the mentioned three positions require minimum three-to-five-year relevant experience in teaching specified subject respectively (Mathematics, Science and English) at secondary level with sound understanding on pedagogy and education system or three year’s experiences in teacher professional development and capacity building at community school.The Job Location for all three positions is based in Solukhumbu district
Required knowledge, skills and abilities for above mentioned positions are:
- Design, develop and deliver wide range of training/orientation packages for community school Head teacher, teachers and key stakeholders in line with Nepal government training framework, guideline and system incorporating schools needs and gaps,
- Sound to prepare, deliver, monitoring, follow up of trainings, orientation and knowledge on school onsite support mechanism, procedures and system,
- Ability to develop, maintain good coordination, collaboration with Municipality/Rural Municipality, government line agencies, education stakeholders and likeminded organizations for program planning, management, monitoring and delivery.
- Strong knowledge, facilitation skills, for capacity building of multiple level of stakeholders including head teacher, teachers, school management committee, parent’s teacher association and local communities.
- Strong understanding on participatory, integrated community/ development approach and hands on experience.
- Knowledge on girl’s scholarship programs, parental supports mechanism, psycho social counselling,
– In depth knowledge on classroom management, mentoring and schools on site supports to promote inclusive, quality education.
- Basic understanding on Child safe guarding, gender equality disability and, social inclusion (GEDSI) in school education system.
– Ability to administer different tools, formats for program monitoring, assessment, research and evaluation.
– Excellent academic competency with social work experiences at different level
– Basic understanding on budget, plan and management and project management cycle.
- Data compilation, management, report preparation and documentation.
- Strong commitment to work in team promoting team building and feedback culture.
– Willingness to travel and work in remote and mountainous region.
Salary and Benefits will be based on policy of the organization. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit CV (maximum 4 pages) with two referees (current and immediate past line manager) along with covering letter to email@example.com to reach the office latest by 10th September 2022. For more detail, visit website: www.reednepal.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further assessment process. The organization reserves the right to cancel or reject the application. Phone calls or any other enquiries will NOT be entertained and any type of solicitation will automatically disqualify the application.
Source: The Himalayan Times, 31 August 2022