Raleigh International Nepal
Position: Project Officer
Contract: April 2021 – February 2022 Fixed term
Location: Raleigh International Nepal, Khumaltar, Lalitpur
Salary: Based on RIN policy
As a project lead for EXCEL-3 project and member of the Programme Department, the project officer will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with partners and other project stakeholders towards the achievement of the EXCEL-3 project objectives, advancing Raleigh International Nepal’s (RIN) work mobilization of young people. The Project Officer will be responsible to effectively implement and successful delivery the EXCEL-3 project in close guidance from Country Programmes Manager and collaborate Project Coordinator – Y4GG2 to synergize the activities and mobilize the young people meaningfully. The incumbent will also support in general management and development of Raleigh National Youth Centre (RNYC).
1. Project Implementation
- Support the partner and comms officer of RIN with contributions to the digital platform if required to fulfil project outcomes and to promote the spirit of international collaborations.
- Support design and delivery of all activities related to ER 4- 6, ensuring learnings are cascaded throughout the national society.
- Create and support peer-to-peer learning plans, as well as informal engagement between ExCEL & Y4GG participants and RNYC Leaders, to ensure leadership and campaign skills are continually applied to national society organisational development, global partnership development, and new project ideation.
- Work closely with partner to design and deliver the end of project review and online global conference.
- Use project budgets to plan and deliver events and activities on budget having close coordination with CPM and Finance team of RIN.
- Support to partner for financial transparency of project and timely reporting.
- Support planning and delivery of Kathmandu Recycles campaign activities as per the log frame with good guidance from project coordinator_ Y4GG2.
2. Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Under the guidance of the Country Programmes Manager , perform MEAL tasks delegated to you and having collaboration with MEAL officer in order that the MEAL officer may effectively manage project
- Be knowledgeable or all RIN project MEAL plans and reporting requirements, so that you can support completion of MEAL activities and write and contribute to specific sections of donor reports as
delegated to you.
3. Raleigh National Youth Centre (RNYC) – Support & Development
- Support recruitment of new volunteers into Raleigh National Youth Centre.
- Ensure the learnings gained and systems improved for ER 4-5 of the ExCEL 3 project are effectively cascaded to RNYC leadership team and wider society.
- Promote global collaboration between national societies, underpinned by the aims and ethos in Now Is The Moment.
- Maintain confidentiality over personal information relating alumni and volunteers.
- Ensure effective communication between Raleigh International Nepal and Raleigh National Youth
- Centre leadership using both internal and social media channels,
- Maintain and establish cordial working relationship with various stakeholders from government, civil society, and private sector at both local and district level in close coordination with CPM.
- Other task as designated by CPM
- Bachelor or master’s degree in social science, business (commerce or economics, business development, entrepreneurship and or relevant field) or another relevant field.
- Practical post-qualification experience in young people mobilization will give preference.
- Ideally would have some cross-cultural work experience.
- Master’s degree with 2 years’ experience or bachelor’s degree with 3 years experience in implementing high quality programming in the development sector.
- Experience in managing project budgets. Ability to plan and deliver activities on budget.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholder groups in an inclusive and effective way to achieve organisational and project goals and maximise sustainability.
- Experience of working with and managing youth volunteers and also inclusive training design and delivery. Able to deliver high quality, inspiring, inclusive training, and experiential learning.
- Good understanding of formative research methodologies, behaviour change theory and campaign design and implementation
- Ability to work under pressure and react to urgent requests appropriately whilst managing multiple deadlines and/or priorities.
- Excellent communication, coordination, networking skills, documentation, and reporting skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali, good interpersonal relations, team-player, result oriented and meeting deadlines
How to apply
Apply using our secure online application form.
Closing date: 24th March 2021 Wednesday