Saathi, an apolitical and non-governmental organization, has long been crusading against gender-based violence in Nepal. It has been working for the safety, security and empowerment of violence survivor women and girls since its establishment in 1992. As an organization committed to the elimination of all forms of violence meted about against women and girls in the country, it focuses on tackling trafficking, unsafe migration, child marriage, domestic violence and sexual and gender-based violence. The organization is also running the interventions in addressing internal trafficking of the young children and girls, specially in the adult entertainment sector. Saathi is now going to implement Supporting Children, Adolescents and Youth At Risk Of And Survivors Of Exploitation. In Nepal (UTTHAN)” under the auspices of The World Education Inc (WEI). The project aims to reach out and provide protection services, including psychosocial counselling and training for the children trafficked internally and children in exploitative child labor such as in the adult entertainment sector. The project will build the capacity of the children at risk and survivors providing them with educational, life skills or vocational trainings. Therefore, Saathi invites application from interested and able candidates for the following posts for the project mentioned above
No. of Vacancy: 01
Start date: 1 December, 2021
Duration: 9 months (Fixed Term)
Report to: Program Officer
Primary Roles and responsibilities but not limited to:
- Provide psychosocial support and trauma assistance to children, adolescents and youth at risk of and survivors of exploitation.
- Plan and implement Psychosocial First Aid (PFA)
- Help connect the clients to information, services and social supports
- Reduce the distress and foster adapting coping capacity
- Formulate a psychological explanation of the client’s issues;
- Evaluate the outcome of psychosocial support administered to the survivors and people at risk of exploitation
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with the survivor/victims based on trust and respect;
- Assess the need of the survivors, provide vocational guidance to them, find out their interest and recommend the empowerment activities such as training among other related opportunities.
- Help protect violence survivor and vulnerable women and girls from further harm
- Visit the working stations of the children, adolescents and youth at risk of and survivors of exploitation of in-situ counseling for them.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in psychosocial counseling (PGD) or 6 month’s psychosocial counseling training form recognized training center.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge on different methods of counseling
- At least 2 years’ experience in NGO as psychosocial counselor
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of the GBV and VAW&C issues
- Sound knowledge on issues of internal trafficking and girl’s exploitation on adult entertainment sector
- Experience of providing PFA to the women, girls and children survivor and at risk of exploitation including trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- Ability of written and spoken communication skills, in Nepali and English
- Effective team player, flexible, proactive, creative and innovative
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to plan, organize and deliver results
- Committed to Saathi’s vision and mission
- Clear understating of right based and victim centric approach
NOTE: Only female candidates are requested to apply.
Interested candidates for above all the positions are requested to send their C.V (not more than 2 pages) along with a cover letter (including expected salary for this position),
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 November 2021 (17:30 hours Nepali Time)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Selected candidates should be present with their academic credentials and training certificates on the day of interview.