Website Care International
Functional Title: Province Coordinator
Department / Project Name: USAID-ARH Project
Work station: Janakpur/Surkhet
Incumbent’s Name: XXX
Supervisor / Principal Evaluator: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH) Activities is an adolescent co-led initiative to empower girls and boys, 10-19 years and including the most marginalized, to attain their adolescent reproductive health (ARH) rights. The goal of the program is to support adolescents to reach their full potential by; ensuring they receive correct and appropriate reproductive health (RH) information and guidance to decision-making skills, creating an environment conductive to making healthy reproductive health decisions and facilitating translation of these decisions into healthy behaviors.
The provincial coordinator under the overall guidance of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) ensures overall oversight of provincial team of the project and partners, coordinates with provincial government and province level stakeholders. S/he has major responsibility of planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting ARH activities in coordination with Technical Advisor ARH System Strengthening and Governance and GESI and social norms coordinator along with thematic leads. S/he ensures effective results-based management of the ARH project including quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the services provided and the activities carried out, and for the use of funds. S/he is the focal point for communication to the partner, national organizations including government bodies and others concerned in implementation of the project at the province level.
The employee shall fully comply with CARE policies and procedure and should be accountable for it.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Program and policy planning and implementation (35% of available time)
- Prepare Annual Work Plans (AWPs) of province, Individual Operating Plan (IOP) as guided by the project document and Strategic Directions (SD) of the organization in a timely manner. Ensure that all plans are of good quality and well implemented at province
- Organize training/ orientation on program implementation guidelines, standard operating procedure and technical issues to all province staff, partners and field staff in coordination with country office
- Take lead to review the program at province and provide clear instruction and guidance to province, district and municipal team of the project based on the review meetings
- Make sure that different programmatic themes led of various consortium partners are integrated and aligned as per the objectives of the project
- Work closely with relevant ministries and provincial health directorate for streamlining the ARH activities in government priorities and policies at province
- Update all the staff on project requirements, policies and provisions and make sure that those policies are followed accordingly at province
- Responsible for the overall organizational capacity development of the partner organizations (POs), and provincial office of the organization in effective planning, implementation, and monitoring of the programs in coordination with DCOP.
- Conduct workshops, advocacy, dialogues, and interactions with the government and other stakeholders at province for localization of the ARH program at province level in coordination with technical lead of the project
- Support MEL team to organize review meetings at province and conduct numerous studies and survey at province
- Organize the project advisory committee meeting on regularly at province and get the feedbacks and suggestions for improvement of the project
- Visit the local NGOs partners frequently and support them for proper planning of ARH activities and implementation
- Support to organize advocacy meetings, policy dialogues and workshop at province in coordination with central team of project
- Update all the staff on project requirement, mission strategies, policies and provisions
R2. Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Reporting and Documentation of project activities (25% of available time)
- Monitoring project progress and creating project status reports working closely with the M&E team of the project
- Conduct field visits to project areas to supervise, coach and mentor project staff at Municipal level in the area of programmatic, administrative, and financial management
- Ensure that databases for project activities are established, and updated, and ensure that relevant programmatic information systems are readily available at the project office.
- Guide project staff to analyze the data obtained from M&E and various reports (Baseline, quarterly & annual progress reports, and final evaluation, and use them for programming quality purposes.
- Prepare quarterly & annual reports, documentation of case studies, success stories on quarterly basis
- Facilitate the high level donor, government and organizational visits at the province and ensure the proper visibility of the organization
R3. Coordination, Liaison, reporting, and representation (25% of available time)
- Build and maintain high level coordination and relationships with the government entities, like-minded organizations, and other relevant stakeholders’ province and local level
- Build and maintain the high-level coordination with CBOs, youth organizations/ clubs and private sectors at districts and province and engage them in ARH activities
- Coordinate with CARE’s other projects, USAID funded projects, UN organizations and others at province, district and municipal level for resource leverage and synergy building
- Coordinate with relevant institutions/forums to facilitate exchange of ideas; knowledge and experiences on research field and share /cross fertilize lessons learned and best practices through workshops/seminars, visits
- Represent CARE and project at different government and non-forums at province level
R4. Administration, Financial Management and Human Resource Development (15% of the available time)
- Ensure that functional administrative systems are established and maintained in project office at province
- Prepare annual project budgets and periodic analysis and take actions accordingly
- Follow strictly the CARE-Nepal’s policies and requirements on procurement manual, finance manual, personnel manual, etc.
- Monitor project expenditures and take necessary action to ensure the burnt rate is within acceptable limits
- Ensure that all staff have job descriptions and performance appraisal formats and orient them as required.
- Organize staff development and team building activities in coordination with HR department and DCOP
- Ensure proper management of financial and other resources entrusted to projects, including the review and approval of project budgets and the monitoring of budget reports (including the proper recording).
- Work closely with program support units (finance, procurement, HR, sub-grants etc.) to ensure proper coordination exists for efficient program implementation.
- Keep staff and partners abreast of current situations and reorient them to new guidelines whenever changes occur
- Take lead in management of partnership grant management (PGA) among all partners under the provinces; facilitate the process of agreement, renew of agreement, proper monitoring of program and budget expenditure, ensure the USAID and CARE’s compliances etc.
- Facilitate APAA of direct reports in in coordination with human resource department
- Maintain the internal accountability system at province office and make sure CARE mandatory policies are applied at the province office
R5. Upholding CARE’s Core values and ensuring its principles
- Link and demonstrate CARE Nepal’s core values, programming principles, strategic objects, gender equity and equality in programming and behavior
- Comply and exercise organizational values and culture
- Help to promote rights and good governance
As per ASF
Based at Province Office of USAID-Adolescent Reproductive Health Activities with necessary field visits.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree in public health with medical or nursing background with 7 years of experiences in program management or bachelor’s degree in medical sciences with 10 years of experience in RH/FP and public health program management.
Skills and knowledge:
- Required knowledge of budget analysis i.e., Budget Versus Actual expenditure.
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting principles (especially on contract management) and clear understanding of donor’s financial policies, guidelines, rules, regulations, and reporting requirement
- Knowledge on audit, review, and verification techniques
- Report writing skill along with basic formatting skill required to prepare report.
- Communication skills including strong verbal and written skills in both English and Nepali language.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong coordination, networking, innovation and advocacy skills.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of relevant software, e.g. Microsoft office and others
- Analytical thinking – Able to analyze and draw conclusions on the budget and actual data of project.
- Initiative – Deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently.
- Teamwork and People Management – Able to work effectively with other people within a work group
- Writing – Able to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact
- Communicating and sharing ideas and information – Able to present findings/recommendation and express opinions confidently.
- Planning and organizing – Able to define work goals and objectives; develop and execute work plans; and contribute to the achievement of work group objectives.
To apply for this job please visit www.carenepal.org.