Website Care Nepal
Functional Title: Province Coordinator
Responsibility Level / Grade:
Department / Project / PN: USAID ARH Project
Work station: Province Office
Incumbent’s Name: TBD
Supervisor / Principal Evaluator: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH) is an adolescent co-led initiative to empower girls and boys, 10-19 years and including the most marginalized, to attain their adolescent reproductive health (ARH) rights. The goal of the program is to support adolescents to reach their full potential by; ensuring they receive correct and appropriate reproductive health (RH) information and guidance to decision-making skills, creating an environment conducive to making healthy reproductive health decisions and facilitating translation of these decisions into healthy behaviors.
The province coordinator under the overall guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) ensures overall oversight of the provincial team of the project and partners, coordinates with provincial government and province level stakeholders. S/he has major responsibility of planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting ARH activities in coordination with Technical Advisor ARH System Strengthening and Governance and GESI and social norms coordinator along with thematic leads. S/he ensures effective results-based management of the ARH project including quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the services provided and the activities carried out, and for the use of funds. S/he is the focal point for communication to the partner, national organizations including government bodies and others concerned in implementation of the project at the province level.
The employee shall fully comply with CARE policies and procedure and should be accountable for it.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Program planning and implementation and coordination (40%)
- Prepare Annual Work Plans (AWPs), Individual Operating Plan (IOP) as guided by the project document and Strategic Directions (SD) of the organization in a timely manner. Ensure that all plans are of good quality and well implemented at provincial level
- Build and maintain high level coordination and relationships with the government, like- minded organizations, and other relevant stakeholders at the local, district, and provincial
- Build and maintain the high-level coordination with CBOs, youth organizations/ clubs and private sectors at districts and province and engage them in ARH activities
- Attend any meetings organized by provincial governments and represent the organization/ project at province level
- Work closely with relevant ministries and provincial health directorate for streamlining the ARH activities in government priorities and policies at province
- Update all the staff on project requirements, policies and provisions and make sure that those policies are followed accordingly at province
- Responsible for the overall organizational capacity development of the partner organizations (POs), and provincial office of the organization including the effective planning, implementation, and monitoring of the programs in coordination with DCOP.
- Conduct workshops, advocacy, dialogues, and interactions with the government and other stakeholders at province to contextualize the ARH polices and program at province level in coordination with technical lead of the project
- Support MEL team of the project to organize review meetings at province and conduct numerous studies and survey at province
R2. Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Reporting and Documentation of project activities (25%)
- Monitoring project progress and creating project status reports working closely with the M&E team of the project
- Conduct field visits to project areas to supervise, coach and mentor project staff at Palika level in the area of programmatic, administrative, and financial management
- Ensure that databases for project activities are established, and updated, and ensure that relevant programmatic information systems are readily available at the project office.
- Guide project staff to analyze the data obtained from M&E and various reports (Baseline, quarterly & annual progress reports, and final evaluation, and use them for programming quality purposes.
- Prepare quarterly & annual reports, documentation of case studies, success stories on quarterly basis
- Support CARE team to publish different updates, case studies, newsletter on MNCH and share/disseminate as appropriate
R3. Coordination and Liaison: (25%)
- Coordinate and maintain relationship with province and local level government authorities along with the district and other stakeholders for effective implementation of the project activities
- Coordinate with CARE’s other projects, USAID funded projects, UN organizations and others at province, district and municipal level for resource leverage and synergy building
- Coordinate with relevant institutions/forums to facilitate exchange of ideas; knowledge and experiences on research field and share /cross fertilize lessons learned and best practices through workshops/seminars, visits
- Carry out and coordinate with project team to ensure quality of programs
R4. Human Resource Management (10%)
- Facilitate APAA of direct reports
- Support staff development and capacity building
- Keep them abreast of current situations and reorient them to new guidelines whenever changes occur
- Develop accurate and detailed job descriptions which reflect specific job responsibilities.
- Motivate, train, coach, supervise and mentor staff from time to time to boost their confidence
R5. Upholding CARE’s Core values and ensuring its principles
- Link and demonstrate CARE Nepal’s core values, programming principles, strategic objects, gender equity and equality in programming and behavior
- Comply and exercise organizational values and culture
- Help to promote rights and good governance
Spending Authority: as per ASF
Supervision: as required
Based at the Province Level Office with necessary field visits.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree in public health with medical or nursing background with 7 years of experience in program management or bachelor’s degree in medical sciences with 10 years of experience in RH/FP and public health program management.
Skills and knowledge:
- Required knowledge of budget analysis i.e., Budget Versus Actual expenditure.
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting principles (especially on contract management) and clear understanding of donor’s financial policies, guidelines, rules, regulations, and reporting requirement
- Knowledge on audit, review, and verification techniques
- Report writing skill along with basic formatting skill required to prepare a report.
- Communication skills including strong verbal and written skills in both English and Nepali language.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong coordination, networking, innovation and advocacy skills.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of relevant software, e.g. Microsoft office and others
- Analytical thinking – Able to analyze and draw conclusions on the budget and actual data of the project.
- Initiative – Deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently.
- Teamwork and People Management – Able to work effectively with other people within a work group
- Writing – Able to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact
- Communicating and sharing ideas and information – Able to present findings/recommendation and express opinions confidently.
- Planning and organizing – Able to define work goals and objectives; develop and execute work plans; and contribute to the achievement of work group objectives