Proposed Public Limited Company
Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Initial one year in Kathmandu, thereafter in Dhangadhi, Kailali
Duration: Probationary period of 6 months; initial contract for 2 years with an extension of contract thereafter based on performance
Background: The proposed public company to be registered under the Company Act 2063 (2006) of Nepal is looking for a dynamic, experienced and highly qualified Nepali professional candidates for the post of CEO to lead the company with the efficient operation to accomplish the investment objectives of the company. With the authorized capital of Rs. 2 billion and a target of mobilized capital of 100 crore within one year, the company will make its investment on a range of financially profitable and technically viable development and infrastructure-related projects. The primary responsibility of the CEO is to manage the operation of the overall portfolio and grow the total capital of the company.
Responsibilities of the CEO:
- Carry out operations in accordance with the company’s vision, mission and objectives. Serve as the public face of the company.
- Act as the main focal point of communication between the Board and corporate operation.
- Provide effective leadership to manage the overall operation of the company to generate shareholder value in a sustainable, ethical and socially responsible basis.
- Identify technically sound, financially viable and profitable projects and advise the Board to make the investment decisions.
- Prepare an annual action plan of the company with time-bound goals and targets. Ensure the action plan’s effective and efficient implementation. Based on the action plan, develop the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the CEO and other officers of the company, and get approval of KPIs from the Board.
- Submit the progress report to the Board quarterly on the progress of the action plan.
- Develop an effective risk management strategy regarding loan risk, equity risk, investment risk and credit risks, and implement the risk reduction strategy with Board’s approval.
- Periodically review the company’s financial and operational status to maintain profitable operation and recommend viable alternatives for cost effective operation.
- Ensure compliance with various legal and regulatory provisions of supervisory and regulatory authorities of Nepal. Be responsible for the operation of the company according to the law, rules, regulations and directions of the Nepal Government and the decisions made by the Board.
- Maintain good corporate governance within the company. Put in place and monitor the implementation of organizational ethical standards, code of conduct and other integrity-related measures to develop the company as a role on corporate good governance.
- Protect and safeguard all assets of the company and ensure their utilization in the best interest of the company.
- Play an effective role to conduct the internal audit on a timely manner and take necessary measures to address recommendations of the audit. Also support the Board to conduct the external independent audit.
- On the supervision and oversight of the Board, be responsible for organizing the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the company within the stipulated time frame.
- Be responsible to implement all decisions of AGM and the Board of Directors’ meetings.
- The candidates must have a master’s degree. The preference will be given to those with a degree in the field of management, business administration, accounting, economics, and engineering.
- At least 5-year experience in the field of investment, banking, finances, fund management, and audit. Preference will be given to those candidates with the previous experience at director level management.
- The candidates should have proven business and investment skills, particularly in ranking projects by risks, viability, and profitability.
- Ability to effectively communicate the vision, mission and objectives of the company among shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Proven leadership quality to manage the team and motivate staff.
- Proven organizational, communication, analytical, computer, and accounting skills.
- Strong sense of integrity is essential. Preference will be given to those with a track record of high integrity.
- Proficiency in English will be an asset.
Contact: Eligible candidates should send their CV to email@example.com, with a statement of interest, outlining their experience and expertise, by Friday, April 9, 2021.
Source: Kathmandu Post, 23 March, 2021