Company: Crater Construction Pvt. Ltd.
Position: Project Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Grade: Mid Level
Reports To: Project Manager
Location: Base Station Lamjung covering sites in Lamjung, Tanahun and Gorkha
About CRATER CONSTRUCTION
Crater Construction Pvt. Ltd. is a registered construction company operated by groups of Professional Engineers Our core team includes experts from all sectors of infrastructure development. Crater construction’s core area of expertise is infrastructure construction. We take pride in our delivery; thus, our clients can always be assured that only the most experienced Our clients include Government and Non Governmental Organizations and have been awarded responsibility for completion of construction projects at different districts of Gandaki province.
Crater Construction offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments in different districts of Nepal. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
The Project Engineer will be a part of dynamic team of Crater Construction. The Project Engineer will be required to monitor, technical guidance and solutions and supervision to other site engineers and supervisors at different sites to ensure all the works are completed within the allocated timeline, meet the required quality standards.
Under direct supervision and overall guidance of the Project Manager, the Project Engineer is required to perform the following specific duties and responsibilities ensuring their quality, safety and timely completion of work:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the implementation and monitoring of construction activities at the field level, ensuring construction work schedules, site safety standards and quality compliance with all applicable Nepal government design and construction codes are met.
· Supervise site engineers and construction workers at site regarding daily and weekly works to be carried out and ensure quality of works meet the standard documents.
· Ensure smooth running of construction works at different site without any obstruction to complete the work in time and prepare regular progress reports of different sites which includes detail of work carried out during that time period including pictures, labors and material used taking support of site engineers
· Ensure that any concerns and projected risks raised at different sites are communicated to the project manager timely to avoid any delays and stoppages to construction.
· Compile data provided regarding remaining works from different sites, prepare stock reports of materials, current number of labors engaged in site and prepare projection of materials and labor required for upcoming works to project manager.
· Coordinate, monitor, and report on activities performed by site engineers at various sites to support with ensuring construction quality and safety. Evaluate performance, approve time sheet of site engineers based on which further administrative process will be carried out.
· Perform any other duties as may be requested by the Project Manager apart from the one mentioned above
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible construction project experience, including supervisory experience, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Nepal building codes, government structures, and their operational mechanics and of standard and prevailing civil engineering principles and practices.
Experience in supervising construction works in site as per the detail drawings.
Experience in monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint) and engineering software required.
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with the ability to make a sound judgment
Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with stakeholders and local community
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented with the ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment
• Attention to details, accuracy,and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
• With strong integrity and ethical conduct
• Candidates with driving skills and valid driving license (2 wheeler and/or 4 wheeler) will be preferred as this position requires extensive travel to different construction sites
Required/Desired Language Skills
Ability to clearly communicate in written and spoken English and Nepali
This position is based in the field and Project Engineer is required to visit, guide and supervise site engineers and workers in construction site.
· Competitive Salary
· Food and Communication allowance as per the norms of Crater Construction
· Accommodation facility at site
Last date to apply: 7 August 2020
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested and meet position requirements, please apply with a cover letter (max. 1 page) and updated CV (max 3 pages) with 3 references to email@example.com by 7 August 2020, COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.