Website FORWARD Nepal
Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal), a Non-Governmental Organization founded in 1997, working in the field of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security, Livestock and Fisheries, Sustainable Livelihoods, Natural Resource Management, Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management, is implementing the “Regional programme for scaling up the multisectoral approach for Nutrition Smart Villages in Bangladesh, Nepal and India” Phase II (NPL 1066-19) in Saptari and Rautahat districts of Province 2 from December 2020 for 37 months with the financial support from German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)/ Welthungerhilfe (WHH). The objective of the project is to contribute to food and nutrition security (SGD 2) amongst women of reproductive age and vulnerable young children, and food insecure families.
For this project FORWARD Nepal is looking for an experienced and qualified candidate for the following position:
Position: Project cum Advocacy Officer (PAO) – (1)
Duty station and key responsibilities:
The Project cum Advocacy Officer (PAO) will be based at the project sites/working Palika of Rautahat district and will be reporting directly to the Project Coordinator.
Project Implementation and management:
- Support in designing/planning programmes, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the project activities.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of the project activities as per Detailed Implementation Plan at the field level.
- Enhance nutrition, nutrition sensitive agriculture and WASH awareness activities among target beneficiaries and project key stakeholders in the project sites/working Palikas.
- Conduct trainings as per the requirement of project and facilitate in organizing field visits and monitoring visits by local government and stakeholders.
- Support project coordinator in planning and conducting meetings, workshops and trainings.
- Provide capacity building support to the technical officers and social mobilizers on Knowledge management, advocacy, nutrition and WASH.
- Provide technical support in seeking the Linkage of Agriculture, Natural resource management and WASH with nutrition security.
- Design and implementation of nutrition/kitchen gardening for fruits and vegetables.
Coordination and communications:
- Maintain good working relation at Project Palika and work closely with them to demonstrate a model of Nutrition Smart Village and advocate in incorporation of good practices of Nutrition and WASH into local government work plan/policy
- Work closely with the government health workers in the project sites on Nutrition Education Rehabilitation Programme etc., as necessary.
- Maintain a close coordination with WHH project partnership Advisor and its working partners in the project sites/district and local government and other relevant stakeholders for the smooth implementation of the project.
- Communicate regularly with PC and technical officer for the field level activities.
Monitoring and reporting:
- Monitor the work of technical officer (Agriculture, nutrition and WASH officers) and guide them in conducting project activities.
- Collect field data; compile and analyze as per the requirement.
- Contribute to develop the monitoring tools and checklists.
- Support PC in writing monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Collect and support PC in writing result based case stories.
Advocacy and knowledge management
- Document the evidence and lesson learnt of the Phase-1 of NSV project.
- Demonstrate the evidence for the advocacy at local level
- Write the case studies and success stories of the project
- Create the evidences of the tools and approached applied in the project.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree on nutrition, public health, social sciences, or relevant field, with 3 years of working experience in relevant field.
- Excellent skill in data management and information management system of government.
- Experience of working with community as well as with local government.
- Self-motivated and have a good learning attitude.
- Demonstrated ability in the advocacy, nutrition and WASH approaches in development sector setting.
- Good communication skills both in English and Nepali languages. Fluency in Maithili and Bhojpuri languages will be a plus point.
- A valid motorbike license holder is preferred.
To apply, please send your latest CV with a cover letter and relevant documents via following link Click here latest by January 02, 2022 (5:00 pm). Salary and benefits will be as per the provision made in the project.
FORWARD Nepal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and applicants from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Please visit FORWARD Nepal’s website: www.forwardnepal.org/announcements for further information.
Last date: Sunday, January 2, 2022