Website World Vision
Project Coordinator-GESI and Protection
Locations: Kusunti, KC Tower, Lalitpur, Nepal
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R9255
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Project Coordinator-GESI and Protection position is responsible for tracking and ensuring performance on SIKAI project’s KPIs and commitments for Reaching the Most Vulnerable under World Vision’s and its 2021-2025 Country Strategy. The position supports and strengthens mainstreaming of project management cycle, gender equality, social inclusion and protection in the implementation of SIKAI project based in Sarlahi of World Vision International Nepal. This position will be responsible for:
- Lead, coordinate and monitor implementation of project activities as per Detail Implementation Plan (DIP), GESI integration scopes and contribute to ensure GESI transformative approach in the project.
- Coordinate, review and monitor the effective implementation of GESI & Protection action plan of the SIKAI Project. consulting with SPA and GESI Specialist
- Extend technical support for partner NGOs to ensure adequate technical quality in the delivery of SIKAI and Protection projects or activities, meeting minimum standards and targets
- Support for generating and documenting evidence of GESI & Protection Responsive Interventions and Outcomes from the project; and involve for capacity strengthening of the Partner NGO and stakeholders.
- Involve in capacity strengthening of the PNGO and consortium partners.
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks associated with the implementation of SIKAI projects for GESI and Protection perspective, and coordinate the development of mitigation measures with partner NGOs
- Support for carrying out other project related activities as assigned by Line Manager.
Required Professional Experience/ Education
- At least 5 years field experience in Project Management, GESI programming or the equivalent in the headquarters of a major NGO (7 + years preferred) for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Gender, Women Development, Rural Development or in related field.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous work in developing GESI & Protection approaches
- Strong research skills and relevant research experience of at least two years. Experience in leading action learning preferred.
- Strong team player – must be able to form and lead a number of cross-functional working groups
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to draw commitment from other parts of the organization.
- Good understanding of different approaches to GESI & Protection mainstreaming, and the requirements these involve.
- Fluent in Nepali with good written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Driving License holder of two-wheeler
Travel and/or Work Environment- 50% of the time
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.