Website VSO International
Project Coordinator -Disability & inclusion
Type of role: Business
Salary: As per organisation rule
Contract type: Fixed Term
Full Time: 37 hours per week
Interview date: Soon as possible
Start date: Soon as possible
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Project Coordinator, Disability and Inclusion is responsible for planning and implementation process on disability and inclusion. Lead on Project’s technical requirements, support project team and the implementing partners in the use of assistive devices to the children with disability. Reporting and technical support to developing tools on disability, inclusion, and assessments.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- University degree in education/inclusive education, social and human sciences, or disability-related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in the area of Inclusive Education and Disability or related field.
- Knowledge of education system, disability in Nepal and project management is desirable.
- Proven experience of education projects and experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving, responding to opportunities and challenges, and the ability to translate ideas into practical action.
- Training facilitating skills, and skills on technical assessments and research on inclusive education.
Ability to work in a technical team and support district teams.
Ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds with commitment to diversity. Ability to build partnerships and relationships in a multi-cultural environment with demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent communications in English and local languages.
Organization and Problem Solving:
Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a complex and fast changing environment, work on own initiative and problem solving with solution focus.
To adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organization. Able to travel occasionally and spend time away from base and home.
General understanding of financial management policy and procedures.
- Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Internet)
Commitment: to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
- VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
- Experience working with INGO.
- Experience of working with volunteers and Implementing Partners.
- Good analytical, organizational and project management and operational skills.
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to build and maintain effective working relations with national/local authorities, relevant institutions & other stakeholders.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further assessment process.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).
Application Closing Date: 30 Jun 2022