Website SOSEC Nepal
SOSEC Nepal is working by giving high priority and sensitivity on the right of women and children under the principle of integrated development approach to obtain right of women, children, raute community and backwarded communities in Dailekh, Kalikot and Surkhet districts of Karnali Province and Achham district of Sudurpaschim Province of Nepal in the coordination and collaboration with different development partner organizations. The organization is also adopting zero tolerance policy on violence against women & children and corruption.
SOSEC has been implementing Aadhar Project partnering with AEIN Luxembourg at Bhairabi RM, Dailekh and Palata RM, Kalikot of Karnali Province Nepal. For this, we seek application from competent and self-motivated Nepali citizen for the following position. The position is based in Dailekh central office with frequent visit to Dailekh & Kalikot Project Areas.
Project Coordinator (Female only)
Number of Position : One (1)
Advertised No : 009-01-079/080
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PROJECT COORDINATOR
(a) Project Planning and budgeting
- Lead effective planning, budgeting, monitoring and supervision of project, Project design, log frame, guidelines, framework, SOSEC policies and country priorities.
- Ensure delivery and quality of the program and budget spent on time and obtaining intended result.
- Developing cost effective and result oriented plans in collaboration/consultation with the local level Governments for immediate and long-lasting changes in the lives of targeted communities.
- Technical support to the field staffs, team members and government people in the area of child protection and child rights governance
- Enhance linkages/networking among Rural Municipality’s / district line agencies for policy advocacy and effective implementation of project interventions.
- Provide training and orientation to enhance the technical capacity of project staffs, Local Government members and stakeholders on planning and new approaches in the collaboration of other team and stakeholders.
- Provide technical supervision for the utilization of training through coaching, feedback and suggestion to maximize the impact.
- Planning the program activities considering the safer program approach.
(b) Project Implementation
- Implement plan with the quality & budget as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget.
- Track budget vs expenses on monthly basis. Develop corrective action plan if required and ensure its implementation.
- Build capacity of field staffs for quality implementation,
- Fulfil all the project compliances and requirements.
- Support the operation of Emergency shelter and Baal Helpline 1098 in Dailekh and Kalikot.
- Implement the program considering the safer program approach.
(c) Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including interaction with beneficiaries to learn about program effectiveness and needs of the beneficiaries. And ensure the project is implemented with quality benchmark.
- Provide Technical support in collecting quality data in collaboration with MEAL team and analysis against the performance indicators and targets on periodic basis.
- Support in collection of Total Reach and its reporting.
- Prepare the quality reports and submitted on time to relevant authorities.
- Assist line manager to prepare and submit periodic reports (Semi-annual, Annual & other relevant) on time.
- Document key learning from information produced through implementation, monitoring, evaluations and accountability mechanisms.
- Document case studies, best practices, news cutting, progress, visual documentation and other as per the project requirement.
- Document innovative approaches, best practices, and lesson learned, etc.
- Supervise, support and report Emergency shelther of Kalikot, Dailekh along with Baal Helpline 1098.
- Supervise and report issues of safeguarding of project areas and programme.
(d) Capacity Development of staffs and stakeholders
- Motivate staffs and make sure that they have clear understanding on the project’s objectives, results, and Co- relation of outcomes, outputs and interventions.
- Support senior management team of organization to ensure staffs are clear on their assigned tasks, safeguarding and zero tolerance policies.
- Work closely with Executive Director and Donor team to build the capacity of project staff through coaching, mentoring and training.
- Design and develop training manual, internal protocol/guidelines/leaflets and facilitate in building capacity of staffs, and stakeholders for effective implementation of the projects.
(e) Coordination, Collaboration and networking
- Establish and maintain effective & functional institutional relationship with relevant government agencies particularly Rural Municipalities, WCPC, RMCPC, Agriculture and Livestock Section etc for visibility and sustainability of the project interventions.
- Maintain close coordination with other departments especially with Documentation and Reporting, MEAL, Finance for effective implementation of the project.
- Strengthen networking and coordination at Rural Municipality and district level for resource maximization.
- Close coordination with the civil society network at Rural Municipality and district level for long lasting impact to the beneficiary’s life.
(f) Occasional Duties
- Work as and when required in Emergency preparedness and response for children.
- Participate in strategic planning process within the working Rural Municipalities, revision of activities of the project if needed, measure the financial progress and forecast the budget.
- Work as per the need of line manager and the team’s requirement to fulfil other functions
(g) Requirements and skills
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Social Science, Human Rights, International Relations, Law or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years (2 years for GSI group). Experience in child rights and livelihood improvement-based project implementation and experience of working closely with the government will be an added advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
(h) Information about Exam:
Types of Exam: Written and Interview
Publication of Short list: 10th Feb, 2023
Date of Exam: Will be announced after Shortlisting for Shortlisted Candidates only.
Service & Facilities: As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter, photocopies of citizenship and academic qualification along with provided CV format at the link https://sosec.org.np/np/?p=3471 (download the link and fill the CV format form) by 9th Feb, 2023 and send it in email email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Women of Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply.
For more details
Phone no: 089-410096/410187
Fax no: 089-410093