Website Plan International
Title: Project Coordinator
Number of Vacant Position: 1
Degree: Masters (Graduate)
Functional Area: Programme
Reports to: Technical Advisor-SOYEE
Travel required: In Country Office as per the need.
Type: Fixed Term Employment till March 2023 based in Pokhara
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International Nepal is implementing “Promoting Young Women in employment in tourism sector” project in Pokhara. The project is being implemented with the objective to increase decent wage employment opportunities for young women with focus on non-traditional occupations. The specific objectives/outcomes of the project are a) Young women are “work ready” by being adequately skilled and with relevant knowledge to pursue decent wage employment with focus on non-traditional occupations’ b) Employers in Pokhara offer decent wage employment opportunities’ c) Improved gender-sensitive and -responsive enabling environment d)Improved functioning of local labour market.
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
Project Coordinator is one of the key team member of SOYEE Plan International Nepal team who will be contributing substantially to achieve the project’s vision of “to increase decent wage employment for young women with focus on non-traditional occupations “.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
[This section provides a summary of the size and authority of the post. It covers the size of the budget held, the numbers of direct reports, other key stakeholders who may depend on it, the type of communication required, the external representation involved and the reach of the role.]
The planned activities under this project are implemented following the Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) through implementing partner/Training Providers of Pokhara. Considering this, under the direct supervision and guidance of Technical Advisor-SOYEE, the Project Coordinator’s main role is to establish good linkages with the implementing partner/s/Training provider/s to ensure implementation of the activities as per the Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) agreed during partnership agreement. In addition, Project Coordinator will contribute in confirming the process followed by partners during program implementation following the needful PLAN and donor compliances.
[This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
This should include a series of brief statements that define the end results required. E.g. drive, contribute, identify, manage, responsible for, advise/coach, build, develop, provide, conduct, oversee, establish, participate etc.
Statements should ideally be worded so that they will lead to thoughts of measurement. For example, it is better to state something like “achieve maintenance standards” than “undertake maintenance”. The former leads to a measure against the maintenance standards.]
Result Area 1: Responsible for partnership coordination and management (with partner and Training providers)
- Support monitoring and supervising project management of partnership relations
- Provide support and assistance in activity implementation to partner/training providers upon needs and request.
- Ensure appropriate partner’s capacity development, including Monitoring and Evaluation, are in place
- In close coordinate with finance department, follow on quarterly instalment release and settlement in given deadline.
- Key role to maintain a good and cordial relationship among the partner and training providers of the project.
Result Area 2: Ensure support required to reach the project goal
- Compile and draft analytical and qualitative monthly, quarterly and annual reports as per the guidelines and donor requirement
- Be responsible for coordinating to finalize TOR, project reviews, trainings, studies/research mentioned in a DIP
- Promote and maintain an effective and smooth communication among the project team, partners and other PLAN department/s
- Rigorous follow up with partners to ensure timely and effective activity implementation
- Coordinate meeting with private sector actors, other alliances and stake holders
- Support Technical Advisor-SOYEE in developing and designing effective real time project monitoring and ensure qualitative, efficient and timely implementation of project in line with approved detail implementation plan.
- Ensure the training programs are being implemented in the project with minimum dropout rates of the beneficiaries.
- Regularly monitor and ensure that the trained young women are being placed in On the Job trainings (OJTs) and Jobs which are “decent “as per the definition of Plan Nepal.
- Maintain disaggregated data and ensure their best dissemination and utilization
- Follow up with partners for monthly output reports against target
- Maintain good network and relationship with local level government agencies especially with office of Labor and employment.
- Budget modification and PO modification as per the need in the SAP system.
- Monitor the project progress using the PMD-pro monitoring tool.
Result Area 3: Support in Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE) portfolio
- Support in documentation and/of good practices.
- Support in influencing related activities/initiatives in the SOYEE sector.
- Support in networking and building relations with other actors of SOYEE sector.
- Support the Head of Girls Agency and Youth Empowerment in any matters related to program.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
[This section refers to people inside and/or outside of the organisation that the post-holder needs to have contact with, and why. This should include virtual presence.]
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
[This section details the skills, knowledge and expertise the postholder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well.
This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.]
- At least Master’s Degree in Sociology or in any development sector field
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant field (TVET/SOYEE).
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusion in national context and related national policies
- Proven skills in coordination with government authorities and CSOs
- Proven Skills in working in coordination/collaboration with private sector actors
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Proven skills in report writing
- Ability to work in team
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic and motivated
- Knowledge on Planning, Monitoring and Learning documentation
- Knowledge in working with partners
- Ability work in multi-cultural and diverse setting
- Experience working in INGOs
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
[In this section, state “typical office environment”, or conditions such as “must work outside in an extremely hot and humid climate”. Also note if any protective equipment is required.]
This position is based in Pokhara however s/he needs to travel to Plan Nepal Country office in Kathmandu as per the need.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
Say Yes ! To Keeping Children and Young people safe and Protected
Application Deadline: Sunday, 26th June 2022
Source: Kantipur Daily, 14 June 2022