Website Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN)
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working mainly in the areas of community development, livelihood, food and nutrition security, education, health, and good governance. The organization equally promotes human rights and social justice, having a strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social, and cultural rights and the right to development in Nepal. RRN also works extensively on natural resource management, disaster management, and climate change adaptation. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable, and disadvantaged groups in rural areas.
RRN has been granted the Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations since 1997. It is also accredited to the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
Currently, RRN is looking for competent candidates to fulfill the following positions for “Citizen empowerment to improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in Rolpa district, Lumbini province, Nepal (POSHAN SUDHAR) funded by Welthungerhilfe /BMZ and being implemented by RRN in Triveni and Runtigadhi Rural Municipalities of Rolpa district, Nepal.
Position: Project Coordinator, Field Office-1
Main Responsibilities: The person is responsible for the coordination of the project activities jointly with the project team and with the municipal/wards at the field level. The project coordinator provides RRN Head office and WHH with timely and comprehensive reports according to the requirements. He/she monitors all employees at the field level and ensures that all the project activities are completed on schedule. The candidate needs to be a professional agriculturist or nutrition and/or public health background. Also, he/she requires good knowledge, skills, and experience on mobilization and facilitating of staffs on “Linking Agriculture, Nutrition and Natural Resource Management (LANN+), Good Agriculture Practice (GAP) groups, Nutrition Education and Rehabilitation Program (NERP) Camps, and Food and Nutrition related groups and networks at local, municipal and provincial levels. He/she will attend LPAC meetings and SWC evaluations.
Qualification & Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, food, and nutrition and other relevant disciplines having more than seven years of experience working as a Project Coordinator in rural areas and districts of Nepal in the field of agriculture, food and nutrition, and community development sectors (master degree will be more preferable).
- Previous work experience in similar kinds of projects like Agriculture, Food Security, Nutrition, and integrated community development sectors, and social and community mobilization is highly preferred.
- Experiences in management of the team, team building, and outcomes-oriented community-level engagement for building the synergy outcomes and results in collaboration with concerned local government and line agencies and other development actors.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the participatory planning process (seven-step), POCAP, Community Score Card (CSC), and other MEAL-related tools and policy advocacy at the local and provincial levels.
- Experiences in organizing training, facilitation of workshops, and other capacity-building activities for different levels of audiences.
- Well-versed in English and Nepali languages and have good knowledge of computer skills with general software such as Microsoft Office and excel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and report writing.
- Interested and keen for policy lobby and advocacy on said sectors at local, provincial level.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Coordination, Collaboration, Leadership & organizational skills.
- Motorbike driving skills with a license.
Programme Manager and Finance Officer are be based in Head Office, Kathmandu and frequently travel to the field as required. Project Coordinator, Agriculture Officer, Nutrition/ MEAL Officer, and Admin and Finance Officer will be based in a field office (anticipated at Holeri) Rolpa district with frequently monitor and visit to project area/ward level of Triveni and Runtigadhi RM. Sub-engineers, JTAs, and Nutrition Facilitators (SM) will be based at the field/ward level (60%) in Triveni and Runtigadhi RM Rolpa.
The salary and benefit of each position shall be as per the organization’s rules. Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with an updated CV through E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 pm of 7th Nov. 2021.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy. Local, competent female candidates and from excluded and less represented communities/groups are highly encouraged to apply. RRN is an equal opportunity organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of recruitment. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.