Organization: Shanti Foundation
Shanti Foundation is community based nonprofit organization working to promote the health, safety and protection of vulnerable and high risk women and children. It is being established and operated by sex trafficking and GBV survivors, HIV infected and affected women and health care researcher promoting the health, safety, and protection of vulnerable and high-risk women, children and communities.
Shanti Foundation is going to implement Antihuman trafficking and sexual and gender based violence project in Melamchi and Chautara Sangachokgadi Municipality under the support of Tearfund Nepal Country Office. The project will contribute in ending trafficking and sexual and gender based violence and prevent and withdraw high risk people, foster development of government interventions and employment related measures that improve access to rights for transnational and national women migrant workers, ensure women’s rights and advocacy to address the policy gaps. The project will provide vulnerable people on training on enterprise development, facilitate and linkage with national employment network, raise awareness on safe employment and strengthen coordination and collaboration with stakeholders along with capacity building initiatives in Melamchi and Chautara Sangachokgadi Municipality. Shanti Foundation is currently looking for following experienced and dynamic team players for the aforementioned project on the contract basis which is renewable thereafter subject to satisfactory performance.
Position: Project Assistant
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Chautara Sangachokgadi Municipality, Sindhupalchok
Project Assistant will be responsible for assisting the field officer in coordination, implementation and reporting of Shanti Foundation.
• Assist the Field officer in carrying day to day activities at the project site mainly with regards to program, admin and logistics arrangements
• Provide required support in conducting research study, training, raising awareness, orientation and sensitization of local CBOs, NGOs, CSOs and network and advocacy by coordinating with focal person on necessary arrangement mainly with training requirements and project activities
• Liaise in between project team and Focal Point/s regarding any programmatic, administrative or logistics issues
• Support in the smooth implementation and organization of the project activities at the local level and seek support from Shanti Foundation program, Admin and Finance Department
• Assist in the monitoring of the activities carried out by Shanti Foundation at the local level
• Ensure necessary procedures such as administrative and logistics process are followed before the organization of program activities
• Support in the regular reporting and follow up with the clients and local governments and report back to the project team at Kathmandu on the progress made.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned
• Advance Knowledge of basic computer; goods skills on MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and in the operation of general office equipment; good in Nepali typing
• Field experience in the stated project site would be an asset
• Ability to work at pace across multiple work streams
• Strong management and people skills
• Excellent ability to work across cultures, time zones and disciplines with a wide range of stakeholders
• Sensitive to GBV/child protection and child safeguarding issue
• At least a Intermediate degree in Sociology/ Social work , Social Science, Development Studies, Gender, women studies, human rights, International development.
• At least 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of prevention and protection in Antihuman trafficking and sexual and gender-based violence
Last date to apply: 9 July 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates meeting above criteria are requested to submit the application letter with updated curriculum vitae to email@example.com within 7 days from the date of this notice publication. Kindly, please write your expected salary in the application letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Shanti Foundation reserves the right to reject any or all applications without stating any reason.
Remuneration and benefits will be provided as per Shanti Foundation fixed term rules.
Trafficking, GBV survivors and PLHA women from minority groups, indigenous groups, are highly encouraged to apply.