Website CDM Smith
Project and Natural Resources Economist
Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
CDM Smith’s Development Assistance Services unit is currently recruiting a Project and Natural Resources Economist for a potential ADB-funded project in Nepal. The goal of the project will be to support the Ministry of Forests and Environment and perform a feasibility study for a larger project focused on climate adaptation and watershed management.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution in development economics or a related field and must have experience in natural resources economics.
- Ten years of experience in project economics analysis (i.e., cost-benefit analysis, least-cost analysis, poverty impact analysis, benefit distribution analysis, etc.) in developing countries, with a minimum of 5 years in the Asian region. Prior work experience in South Asia and Nepal in the mountainous area will be considered favorably.
- Five years of experience as a team member of technical assistance teams designing and implementing development projects in association with bilateral and multilateral development institutions.
- In-depth understanding of natural resource economics applicable to development projects mainly in mountainous environments.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Assignment Category: Parttime-Regular
Amount of Travel Required: 5%
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Business Unit: DAS
Employment Type: Regular
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.