Website Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN)
Programme Manager, Head Office-1
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working mainly in the areas of community development, livelihood, food and nutrition security, education, health, and good governance. The organization equally promotes human rights and social justice, having a strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social, and cultural rights and the right to development in Nepal. RRN also works extensively on natural resource management, disaster management, and climate change adaptation. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable, and disadvantaged groups in rural areas.
RRN has been granted the Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations since 1997. It is also accredited to the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
Currently, RRN is looking for competent candidates to fulfill the following positions for “Citizen empowerment to improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in Rolpa district, Lumbini province, Nepal (POSHAN SUDHAR) funded by Welthungerhilfe /BMZ and being implemented by RRN in Triveni and Runtigadhi Rural Municipalities of Rolpa district, Nepal.
Position: Programme Manager, Head Office-1
Main Responsibilities: Overall management and coordination of day-to-day planning, implementation, and management of project activities according to the project document, project budget, and project log frame and supervision and monitoring of the project coordinator. He/she is also responsible for coordination at the national/provincial level, monitoring at the organizational level, providing technical inputs, supports in capacity development and quality control of the project. Similarly, He/she will attend (together with the Executive Director) the CPAC meeting and SWC evaluations.
Qualification & Required Skills:
- Master Degrees in rural development, agriculture, food and nutrition, economics, agro/statistics, and any other relevant disciplines having at least 10 years of experience in program and projects management (design, planning, implementation of integrated project cycle) of agriculture, food and nutrition security, health and education, irrigation, sanitation and hygiene-related projects in rural Nepal.
- Good understanding of development policy and food and nutrition security, agriculture, nutrition, and natural resource management, small-holders, farm, and off-farm livelihood options, farmer-managed small irrigations, right-based education, and empowerment of women, girls, and children of marginalized sections.
- Skills on team management, staff capacity development, and project cycle management, quarterly review and annual review, monitoring, evaluation, and quality assurance of project implementation.
- Ability to analyze a situation, synthesize information, and use the outputs to improve implementation and good coordination.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and negotiation skills.
- Well-versed in English and Nepali languages and have good knowledge of computer skills with general software such as Microsoft Office and excel.
- Knowledge and skill on policy lobby, advocacy and social campaigns on right to food and nutrition, education, violence against women and girls, etc.
Programme Manager and Finance Officer are be based in Head Office, Kathmandu and frequently travel to the field as required. Project Coordinator, Agriculture Officer, Nutrition/ MEAL Officer, and Admin and Finance Officer will be based in a field office (anticipated at Holeri) Rolpa district with frequently monitor and visit to project area/ward level of Triveni and Runtigadhi RM. Sub-engineers, JTAs, and Nutrition Facilitators (SM) will be based at the field/ward level (60%) in Triveni and Runtigadhi RM Rolpa.
The salary and benefit of each position shall be as per organization’s rules. Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with an updated CV through E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 pm of 7th Nov. 2021.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy. Local, competent female candidates and from excluded and less represented communities/groups are highly encouraged to apply. RRN is an equal opportunity organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of recruitment. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
More Information and Application Details