Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Position: Programme Manager – Resilient Livelihoods
DCA is looking for an experienced and motivated Programme Manager to lead our Resilient Livelihoods programme.
You will be leading the Programme and Partnership Management on Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security, support DCA strategy development and delivery of an integrated programme on resilient livelihood. The position also requires understanding of DRR/DRM, agro-ecology, value chain analysis, and climate change adaptation and mitigation. You will also be responsible for the development of proposals, preparation of the Annual Programme reports, project monitoring and advocacy, networking, & influencing.
This is a senior position and you will be part of a dedicated and innovative Programme Team and will report to the Head of Programmes. You will be holding a line-management responsibility for few Project Manager/ Coordinators working under the Resilient Livelihood programme.
DCA Nepal Programme
We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. Currently we focus on the following sectors to improve the life of the most marginalized communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach:
• Inclusive Citizenship for Accountable Governance
• Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security
• Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
Our resilient livelihoods programme includes an exciting and innovative portfolio that focuses on building the capacity of farmers by introducing agro-ecological methods, cost effective technologies; strengthening the coping capacities of excluded groups; designing and strengthening community based advocacy and campaigning; introducing climate resilient crops/varieties and climate / environmental friendly technologies; market networks and value chain development.What you bring
• You have a postgraduate degree in relevant field preferably in Agriculture, Agro-ecology, Markets Development, Natural Resources Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Environmental Sciences, and Development Studies.
• You have minimum five years of relevant working experience in development organisations with similar responsibilities, especially in agriculture, agro-ecology and in building the capacity of smallholder farmers.
• You have substantial experience in managing and nurturing staff and building the capacity of your team.
• You have strong facilitation, management, analytical, and coordination skill, as well as excellent interpersonal presentation skills and a good team spirit.
• You have experience or a keen interest in agro-ecology (organic agriculture, permaculture etc.), climate change, innovation, value chain approaches.
• You have excellent writing and reporting skills and are an advanced user of the Microsoft Office suite.
• You have the ability to work in an organised and responsive manner under pressure and stressful emergency situations, and willingness to be flexible.
• You are committed to social equity and equal rights and opportunities
What we offer
• A one-year renewable contract
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• 4 weeks of paid vacation leave
• Insurance as per DCA Nepal office agreements
• Learning and development opportunities
• An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working with in Nepal
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Only applications consisting as a minimum of the below will be considered:
(i) Cover Letter (max 1 page),
(ii) CV (max 3 pages) and
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be midnight Danish time Tuesday, 16 June 2020
Interviews can be held on a rolling basis and DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the closing date.
Last date to apply: 16 June 2020