Zoological Society of London
Programme Development Specialist
Department (and Section): Conservation and Policy – Global Conservation Programmes – Species
Closing Date: 04/11/2022
Level: Officer / Advisor / Executive / Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time / Fixed Term Contract
Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is an international conservation charity founded in 1826 as the world’s first scientific zoological society. During its near 200 years history, it has had a firm legacy of conservation, research, and animal care in over 50 countries, helping it pursue its vision of a world where wildlife thrives. ZSL’s purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people so that they understand their roles in helping stop wild animals from going extinct. ZSL has been working in Nepal for the past 25 years.
The Programme Development Officer is a senior level position, working closely with the Country Director. The post holder will help drive and support the ZSL Nepal programme to undertake innovative conservation projects working towards meeting ZSL’s Conservation Plan, refined to address biodiversity conservation needs in Nepal.
The Nepal programme is highly diverse programme with projects spanning integrated landscape management as well as species conservation, priority habitat conservation and seeks to build in country conservation capacity. This rapidly expanding programme is seeking a Programme Development Officer with extensive and relevant management and conservation experience, to assist the Country team in leading the delivery and development of this exciting Programme.
This post is based in ZSL Kathmandu Office with regular trips to our field projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a lead role in development of projects in line with the ZSL’s Conservation Plan and country strategy and identify potential funding opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for developing new conservation and community development projects, meeting the strategic priorities of wildlife conservation and HWC mitigation and diversified livelihoods.
- Conceptualize and develop result chains/theory of changes, logical framework for development of large funding applications.
- Work with senior staff in developing ZSL Nepal resourcing and funding strategy including the donor and funding engagement
- Communicate ZSL’s work to key stakeholders including funders, charity organisations and government through writing briefing notes, success stories, best practices and documents and presentations etc.
- Providing support and oversight in preparing and delivery reports and assist in preparing financial reports as required by donors and/or stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with ZSL regional and London team to support development and submission of funding proposals and any other issues as required
Please click here for a full job description.
- Masters degree in natural history (eg. Natural resource management, forestry, wildlife science/ecology, environment science)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position in conservation programme development and donor relationship.
- Outstanding writing skills and excellent general communication skills.
- Proven skills in excellent proposal write up and reporting in English.
Applicants will need to send their CV and supporting statement (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by clicking the apply button on the ZSL website. If you have any queries regarding this position or the application process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 23:59 (Nepal time) Friday 4 November 2022.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728 and with SWC in Nepal.
To apply for this job please visit careers-zsl.icims.com.