Position: Program Officer (Field Based)
Number of positions: 3 (three)
Type: Fixed Term contract till December 2022 with a possibility of extension
Location: Bajura/Achham, Baitadi/Bajhang and Udaypur/Okhaldhunga
The Program Officer (Field Based) position is a designated field level position. The placement of the three positions will be in: Bajura/Achham Baitadi/Bajhang and Udaypur/Okhaldhunga.
The overall job responsibility of this position is to ensure the effective implementation of the GBV PR-II project that aims reduction of all forms of gender-based violence and discrimination against women and girls as per the approved work plan in the districts in close coordination with implementing partners and local governments. This position will be under the direct supervision of the Province Coordinator – GBV PR II of respective province.
- Provide technical support to the partners at the districts and ensure the quality of the activities.
- Coordinate with local governments for smooth operations of the project. Advocate with the local governments for funding for the project activities in cocreation model.
- Ensure that all the planned activities are implemented in the districts as per the approved workplan.
- Coordinate with the district and Palika level stakeholders working in the GBV sector to create harmony.
- Monitor the partner organizations Coordination and collaboration with implementing partners, province and local authorities to expand the gender-based violence (GBV) prevention and response that are gender transformative and survivor centered.
- Provide technical assistance to the local government (Judicial committee and other bodies) on GBV PR-II related strategy, guidelines and protocols, and advocate to institutionalize them by including them in their periodic plan, annual budget, long-term plans, and investment.
- Work closely with the Palikas to create policies to prevent and respond to GBV and institutionalize mechanisms for prevention and response.
- Organize and facilitate review and reflection of the project at the districts with the local governments as per the workplan.
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring support to frontline workers on gender and GBV-related issues.
- In coordination with implementing partners conduct and facilitate periodic joint review meetings to document the project achievements.
- Collect the service data as per the M&E matrix of the project and share with the team as and when required by the project and Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RME) unit.
- Conduct routine and need-based monitoring to support data collection on service-delivery and activity-based data to share with team as and when required
- Support in strengthening the information management system of government bodies for systematic data and records keeping for reliable GBV data.
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Academic qualification of at least Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Gender Studies, Women’s Studies, or Development Studies, Master’s preferred.
- At least two years of relevant field experience in gender-based violence (GBV) response including health response to GBV survivors and/or women and girl’s reproductive health rights.
- Experience on Gender Transformative Approach and Survivor–Centered Approach working with various levels of the government, community and implementing partners.
- Has experience in rights-based programming and is familiar with the use of participatory accountability tools and processes social/public audits, community score card methods, etc. with passion, enthusiasm, and interest in Ipas’s mission, honest and trustworthy.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects activities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment. Demonstrated experience in facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills. Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language for report writing and documentation.
- Willing to travel in field, even remote areas approximately 60% time in field using public transportation.
- Flexible to adapt to challenging work environment.
Note: Interested candidates should submit application letter mentioning preferred job location along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae.
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy. Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.
To apply for this job please visit ipas.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.