Organization: Social Protection Civil Society Network (SPCSN)
Social Protection Civil Society Network (SPCSN) is a liberal forum established in 2012 with an aim to raise voice of right holders, promote interface platform between right holders and duty bearers in order to help the duty bearers be more accountable on social protection issues. Presently, its secretariat is based at Children-Women in Social Service and Human Rights (CWISH) in Kathmandu. CWISH/SPCSN invites applications for the post of Program Officer from interested eligible candidates (Nepali citizens only) who are reliable, accountable, and have ability to deliver results with highest level of integrity.
Position: Program Officer for “Promoting social protection floors in Nepal – Better coverage for more people” project
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Station: Kathmandu with frequent visits in project municipalities
• Master’s Degree in Sociology/Social Sciences/Development Studies or related field.
• Minimum five years of demonstrated work experience in research, networking and communications, and working with hidden or vulnerable populations.
• Training and experience in project management desirable.
• Experience working in the social protection sector.
• Experience and knowledge of the social protection plans and programs of the Government of Nepal.
• Good understanding of the realities faced by vulnerable populations such as single women, people living with disability, HIV infected and affected population, elderly people and children.
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial attitude.
• Excellent spoken and written English and Nepali.
• Competence in using Microsoft Office.
• Preparing meeting minutes and Nepali typing on computer is a must.
• Work as a Focal Point between WSM – We Social Movements (donor organisation for this project) and CWISH/SPCSN.
• Conduct planning process of the project activities in close coordination with CWISH/SPCSN leadership and Programme Coordinator of SPCSN.
• Adjust and mainstream the planning, evaluation and project cycle management tools.
• Conduct and take part in the reflection, within SPCSN and target groups, about their implementation challenges, in order to take them into account in the programs and actions to be carried out.
• Keep systematic records (data) of the achievements by means of evaluations and activity reports.
• Develop communication tools for both internal and external use (situation of CWISH/SPCSN, interviews with beneficiary groups, significant changes, progresses made, challenges, difficulties, constraints, opportunities, potentials, lessons learned, etc.)
• Maintain regular contacts and exchanges with both the other implementing partners for this project, ITUC-NAC, and the Asia and South Coordinator from WSM.
• Assist WSM in developing new project proposals related to social protection which would involve CWISH and SPCSN.
• When relevant, organize and/or take part in joint activities of other WSM partner organizations at national, continental and global level.
• Organize and participate in regular meetings of SPCSN as and when required.
• Prepare meeting minutes, budget escalation and participate in financial monitoring and evaluation being in the CWISH team.
• Participate in shared learning activities, such as seminars, webinars, input into e-learning materials, sharing case studies of successes, challenge and good practices.
Last date to apply: 26 June 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to email the following documents to CWISH/SPCSN at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Application for the position of Program Officer’.
• A cover letter
• An updated CV with recent passport size photo
The application deadline for this position is 18h on 26th June 2020
Interview and Presentations:
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited at the latest by 2nd of July for the further selection process including written examination, presentation and interview.
CWISH/SPCSN is an equal opportunities employer.
CWISH/SPCSN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case; all applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality.