Website Nepal Investigative Multimedia Journalism Network
Nepal Investigative Multimedia Journalism Network (NIMJN) is a non-profit organization working to improve the standards of investigative multimedia journalism in Nepal through advanced training, mentorship, and story publication. It is legally registered with the government of Nepal in April 2020. It promotes collaboration among reporters to produce investigative stories related to social justice and accountability issues using the latest tools and techniques.
The organization is led by investigative journalists, media practitioners, and staff with years of working experience in Nepal and abroad.
Currently, NIMJN is looking for competent candidates to fulfill the following positions for “Promoting Press Freedom and Investigative Reporting in Nepal during COVID-19 Pandemic (PPFIRN)” funded by Humanity United, USA.
Workstation Location: Applicant to be based in the Nepal Investigative Multimedia Journalism Network (NIMJN), Anamnagar, Kathmandu.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
NIMJN is recruiting a Program Officer to help us tackle challenging stories. The ideal candidate has proven experience in investigative reporting and some experience in editing and managing teams. S/he will be responsible for developing investigative stories in partnership and writing project proposals.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Be able to write good project proposals, monitoring, and evaluation reports
- Work collaboratively with local journalists from different provinces of Nepal
- Be able to work under deadlines
Qualification & Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences having more than three years of experience working in similar positions (Preference will be given to candidates with Master’s Degree and having worked with media related non-profits)
- Experience in team management, team building, and result-oriented work.
- Experience in organizing training, facilitation of workshops, and other capacity-building activities
- Well-versed in English and Nepali language (both spoken and written) and have good computer knowledge
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Journalistic skills will be an added advantage
The salary and benefit of each position shall be as per the organization’s rules.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 pm of September 30, 2022
- NIMJN Job Application Form (Weblink for NIMJN Job Application Form: https://bit.ly/POApplication)
- A detailed resume/ CV
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work with NIMJN and what you will add.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy. Local, competent female candidates and from excluded and less represented communities/groups are highly encouraged to apply.
NIMJN is an equal opportunity organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of recruitment. NIMJN reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.