Website Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
Position: Program Manager
Location : Nepal
Salary: As per organization rule
Contract type : Fixed Term
Full Time : 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date : 22 Jan 2022
Interview date : Soon as possible
Start date: Soon as possible
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
End Child Marriage Programme is global programme and this project to VSO is managed by UNFPA. The Program Manager will manage overall implementation of the Project in partnership with partners providing visionary strategic leadership, expertise and high-quality services to assure desired quality outcome in closed coordination with the funding agency and networking with concerned stakeholders for addressing issues of child marriage.
Skills, Qualifications and experience
- Qualification: Masters degree in social science ( preference will be given in the field of gender and social studies)
- Project Management: At least 7 years’ Experience of planning and managing projects in gender equality mainly gender based violence with multiple stakeholders, delivering expected benefits in challenging contexts.
- Capacity building and facilitation; Experience of facilitating training on gender, social inclusion and protection with key thematic expertise on GBV and Harmful practices.
- Communication – Excellent oral and written communication skills in internal and international community with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences to inform, motivate and inspire.
- Relationship Building – Ability to build effective working relationships within project teams, implementing partners, inspiring confidence and credibility. Ability to work effectively across the local government, as per changing federal context including other national and global forum to utilize the available networks.
- People Management – Experience of line management of project team members.
- Organisation and planning – Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure.
- Time management skills: prioritization skills, decision making skills, focus of the program, coping skills etc.
- Financial – Experience of successfully monitoring and managing budgets.
- Analysis and creative problem-solving – Ability to analyse and quickly grasp the fundamentals of a need or issue. Able to find innovative ways of solving cross cutting problems.
- Flexibility – Ability to manage a project in a changing context, recognising and being open to ambiguity, uncertainty and opportunities.
- Information Technology – Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Internet).
- Travel requirement: Able to travel in project areas in country and internationally occasionally and spend time away from work- base location and home.
Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
- Previous working experience in GBV, harmful practices and Gender transformation norms change issues.
- Experience of managing change in an international environment.
- Practical experience within a volunteering/Non-Government Organisation context
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form. VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.