Website Ipas Nepal
Ipas works globally with a vision that every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health. Our programs use a multifaceted approach that addresses reproductive health services, access to services and fulfillment of reproductive rights, focusing on safe abortion and contraception.
As part of the broader reproductive justice movement and Ipas global sustainable abortion ecosystem approach, Ipas is working to ensure that abortion and contraceptive care are essential health services and that all people can access them. Our programs use a multifaceted approach that addresses reproductive health services, access to services and fulfillment of reproductive rights. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas Nepal’s program intervention prioritize intersectional partnerships that integrates into the broader gender equality and social justice, including gender-based violence prevention and response, and women-led climate justice.
Type: Fixed Term, for 12 months (Jan-Dec 2022) with the possibility of extension.
Number of positions: 2
Location: Province 1 and Gandaki Province
The Program Coordinator position is a designated field level position. S/he will be assigned to one of the implementing Province (Province 1 or Gandaki Province). The overall job responsibilities of Program Coordinator are to ensure the effective implementation of Ipas supported SRHR especially safe abortion program activities in the assigned province and carry-on Ipas Nepal work plan activities in close coordination with Provincial Government and district/local level stakeholders including civil society. The Program Coordinator will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Advisor-Partnership and Field Operations and report to the supervisor on monthly basis.
Key roles and responsibilities are:
- Program planning and implementation.
- Provide technical support to the stakeholders that includes health institutions, local body, civil society especially effective programming on SRHR
- Coordination and Advocacy with respective government agencies, NGOs and CSOs for program integration, collaboration, and ownership.
- Capacity building of partners, CSOs and community volunteers.
- Data collection, monitoring and reporting.
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Master’s degree in Public Health with 4years of experience in sexual and reproductive health
- Strong knowledge on sexual and reproductive health program, women’s right, gender justice and preference will be given to candidates who have prior work experience in SRHR
- Knowledge and skills on the use of program data for improving program performance.
- Knowledge on the government health system, local level planning process and quality improvement process in health sector.
- Sound coordination and communication skills must be a team player who is self-motivated and motivates his/her team.
- Must contribute to safe working environment where every team member is treated equally and respectfully.
- Good Computer Skill on Microsoft Office. Good interpersonal skills including report writing and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel in the field and in remote areas approximately 60% time in the field using public transportation.
- Preferences will be given to those who have two-wheel driving license. Residence of program Province or familiar with the local context will be given preference.
- Willing to travel in the field and in remote areas approximately 60% time in the field using public transportation. Preferences will be given to those who have two-wheel driving license. Residence of program Province or familiar with the local context will be given preference.
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy. Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.
To apply for this job please visit ipas.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.