USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
Position: Procurement Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu
Scope of Work
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project will strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster preparedness and response. In a country prone to a myriad of natural disasters, at the national level Tayar Nepal will build the capacity of disaster risk management (DRM) institutions, including the newly created National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Agency (NDRRMA). Locally, Tayar will support eight urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and then support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages improve disaster resilience. In the event of a disaster over the life of the five-year project, USAID/Nepal may engage the program’s rapid emergency response mechanism. Tayar will work closely with the Government of Nepal and Nepali emergency responders to mobilize technical assistance, commodity support, small-scale infrastructure, and information management support. Tayar will apply lessons learned from disaster response efforts to improve national-level DRM systems and municipal-level risk-reduction activities.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Procurement Officer will provide support to the Procurement Manager and ensure all paperwork is accounted for and stored in the proper places. He/she will document procurement from start to finish, ensuring that the process was competitive, free, and open. He/she will collaborate with technical teams to ensure the project’s needs are taken into account throughout the procurement process.
Women and persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
• Provide assistance to procurement team in database entry, procurement tracking, and reporting.
• Maintain integrity of procurement system and files in compliance with DAI practices and policies and USAID rules and regulations.
• Maintain procurement activity tracker and provide regular updates on status to the Procurement Manager and relevant technical staff.
• Review procurement documents in TAMIS as well as hard copy files to ensure all back up documents are included in compliance with the project Field Operations Manual, and revise/correct as required.
• Report accurate financial data to Finance Manager on planned procurement activities.
• Assist with the preparation of source selection memos which provide clear justification for selection of vendor/local subcontractor.
• Assist in developing procurement plans in accordance with the work plan.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience in procurement, logistics, or related area
• Prior experience in USAID project procurement and/or DAI procurement systems a plus.
• Proficient written and spoken English
Location and Reporting
The level of effort is 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project. The Procurement Officer reports to the Procurement Manager. The position is based in Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities.
Last date to apply: May 8, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by Friday May 8, 2020. Please mentioned the position you are applying for.
<!– Source: Jobsnepal