Website FHI 360
Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist
Responsible for all necessary procurement and supply chain management of COVID-19 emergency response (ER) commodities, HIV commodities (STI, OI and HIV drugs, HIV test kits, and clinic supplies) for EpiC Nepal and provide technical support on logistics to the National HIV Program. Sr. Procurement and Supply Chain Management Specialist will work closely with Department of Health Services (DoHS) and other relevant departments/centers of MoHP for C19 ER; National Center for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC) for HIV and STI commodities and with National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) for commodities related anti-microbial resistance.
- Lead preparation of procurement and supply plan for commodities related to C19, HIV and anti-microbial resistance.
- Support national programs in quantification and forecasting of commodities required for C19 ER, HIV and anti-microbial resistance.
- Provide support on logistics related to HIV commodities to the EpiC Nepal.
- Ensure compliance with FHI 360, USAID and other relevant donors procurement policies
- Liaise with the EpiC Nepal’s Program, Technical, SBC and SI Units, C19 ER team and team working on anti-microbial resistance to ensure procurement and timely supply.
- Ensure use of standard documentation and timely reporting for program inventories.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed.
- Set-up and maintain procurement and logistics files, assuring that all required documentation/approvals are in the files
- Prepare necessary documentation (purchase request letters and requests for waiver) for approval to purchase PEPFAR- and USAID-funded and other donor-funded pharmaceuticals, test kits and other commodities including rapid procurement of C19 ER related commodities.
- Manage procurement from international suppliers including customs clearance, import duties
- Oversee supply chain management. This includes, overseeing warehousing and distribution and ensuring that commodities are supplied in timely fashion (according to program timelines) with adequate shelf-life at time of supply, and storage and transport conditions are met (cold chain monitoring etc)
- Conduct supportive supervision in service delivery sites, train staff on logistics management and provide onsite coaching
- Maintain commodities tracking database for the projects
- Work with the SI unit to monitor the impact of any impending disasters on supply chain security
- Coordinate with MoHP and Save the Children/Global Fund for securing supply of HIV commodities
- Represent the FHI 360 Nepal on the National Logistics task force at (NCASC) or other department under MoHP responsible for logistic management of anti-microbial resistance, COVID-19, HIV and STI-related commodities
- Coordinate with MoHP and provide support in implementation of multi-month dispensing (MMD) and logistics management of community-based ART centers and EpiC Nepal implementing partners.
- In close coordination and collaboration with MoHP and all other key stakeholders, provide technical assistance to strengthen the national logistics system for HIV/AIDS commodities particularly in the areas of procurement, forecasting and eLMIS integration
- Master’s degree in a health-related field or business administration with at least five years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management or a bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of related experience in health-related field or business administration is preferred
- Pharmacology and/or experience of working in a COVID response, pharmaceutical company or in government commodities supply chain management including eLMIS will be an asset
- Self initiator and ability to work independently on several tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written English and Nepali skills
- Familiarity and experience in health supply chain management in Nepal
- Ability to work independently on several tasks with minimal supervision and ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to PEPFAR and USAID work priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of USAID procurement and contracting regulations
- Knowledge of word processing and familiarity with databases, including spreadsheets, and word processing
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. November 23, 2021.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.