Swisscontact is a leading partner organization for the implementation of international development projects. The organization promotes inclusive economic, social, and ecological development to make an effective contribution towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies. With this objective in mind, Swisscontact offers the chance to economically and socially disadvantaged people to improve their lives on their own initiative. The independent, non‐profit, and private foundation was established in 1959 in Switzerland. The organization strengthens the competencies of people, improving their employability, increases the competitiveness of enterprises, growing their business, and fosters social and economic systems, promoting inclusive development.
In Nepal, Swisscontact is registered as an International Non‐Governmental Organization that started its operations in 1991 with the initiation of the Training Institute for Technical Instruction programme. Currently, Swisscontact Nepal has five development programmes across all seven provinces, with a well‐functioning country office that employs over 50 national and international staff members.
Swisscontact has furthered its work in the system development of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Nepal through the Nepal Vocational Qualifications System Project (NVQS‐P), which supports the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT), the national autonomous apex body of TVET in Nepal, to establish a National Vocational Qualifications Framework and a corresponding National Vocational Qualification Authority.
For the second Phase of NVQS P‐II, we invite applications from committed and experienced Nepali citizens for the following position.
Process Manager (1)
Location: Bhaktapur with frequent field visits.
Reports to: Deputy Team Leader (Program)
Time: 100% (8 hours a day and 5 days a week)
Duration: One year with the possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance
Purpose of the Job
The Process Manager (ProM) is responsible for the development of competency standards and assessment packages along with the subject matter experts’ capacity development in process management. The key roles of the Process Manager are to align all the core tasks with the development and implementation of the Vocational Qualifications Frameworks (VQFs) assuring quality and providing technical support to NVQS Project counterparts at federal and provincial levels. S/he is also responsible to ensure GESI considerations in all process. The ProM provides strong support to education‐employment linkage to increase the relevance and quality of standards.
The ProM works closely with the Deputy Team Leaders, Technical Coordinators, International Experts, and ensures the proper design, review, and execution of the implementation strategies. The ProM reports to the Deputy Team Leader (Program).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Support Deputy Team Leaders in terms of strategic direction, reporting, program implementation, development of standards and framework, impact measurement and knowledge management.
- Support design of the capacity development strategies for the project partners and its stakeholders.
- Ensure proper planning and lead the process and products development of NVQS.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and ensure partnerships are made based on the need of the strategies.
- Mobilize subject matter relevant experts to make sure that the key products are developed on time.
- Exhibit strong competencies in managing pilot projects, documenting lessons learnt, and facilitating the exchange of ideas and information between different NVQS stakeholders.
- Ensure implementation of monitoring activities.
- Ensure regular follow‐up of project activities in the field.
- Contribute to relevant project reports.
- Ensure quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Support in preparing annual business plans (yearly plans of operation) and budgets for the NVQS project.
- Prepare for key meetings, workshops, and related activities and prepare materials as needed to expand the outreach and advocacy for wider acceptance of NVQS in Nepal.
- Facilitate inputs of actors and stakeholders of NVQS and the team members for various federal and provincial level events and prepare event reports.
- Seek inputs and guidance from the sector‐specific industry skill committees as well as from relevant industries ensuring the quality of the standards and competency‐based curriculum.
- Contribute to Federal State Building and related themes as per the project approach.
- Facilitate to form and ensure the functioning of Sector Skills Committees.
- Coordinate and facilitate to develop National Competency Standards.
- Support the implementation of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) approach.
Qualification, Experience, and Skills
- Master or higher degree in relevant field (education, management, engineering, business studies, development studies).
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in relevant field (development cooperation, TVET sector, NGO/INGO on planning and development of training and learning materials). TVET experience is preferable.
- At least 2 years of management experience.
- Knowledge and work experience of vocational qualifications systems and the importance of quality management systems.
- Advanced communication skills in both English and Nepali (verbal and written).
- Ability and willingness to work in a team to deliver high‐quality outputs within deadlines in a dynamic and fast‐ paced work environment.
- Experience in roles and interrelationships among national and international organizations; federal, provincial, and local governments in the program development and implementation process.
- Proficiency in MS Office work and Internet use and project management tools.
- Strong communication and networking skills with the government and private sector stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to frequent travel within Nepal.
- Innovative development of the program by the development of new products that can be replicated within a similar sector.
- Contribution to knowledge management.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self‐development, initiative‐taking.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Team player and facilitating teamwork.
- Creating synergies through self‐control.
- Managing conflict.
- Informed and transparent decision‐making.
- Analytical skills including presentation of analyses for decision‐making and knowledge sharing.
- Client‐oriented, internally and externally.
- Political, cultural and gender‐sensitive and committed to TVET development in Nepal.
Working Condition and Environment
- This will be applicable in accordance with the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Please submit (a) Job Application Form, (b) Updated CV with at least two referees, and (c) Cover Letter to “firstname.lastname@example.org” latest by 17 September 2022. Please mention the position applied for in the “subject” line of your email. Swisscontact Nepal shall not entertain any phone inquiries or other such solicitations for the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (Women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority communities)