Website FHI 360
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: Requisition – 2023201199
Private Sector Advisor
The Private Sector Advisor will lead the overall private sector engagement component of USAID Clean Air program ensuring technical quality for achieving expected project outputs and outcomes. S/he will primarily work under the supervision of Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) but in close coordination with program’s partners and other key stakeholders including government stakeholders at various levels.
- Provide technical support for the development of private sector engagement strategy and design of interventions for enhancement of involvement and investment of this sector in addressing air pollution issues.
- Provide technical support for the assessment of locally led /innovative solutions for clean air technologies/practices.
- Provide technical support to enhance capacity of business organizations and social enterprises for addressing air pollution issues through adoption of cleaner technologies, better business processes and practices.
- Effectively communicate, coordinate, and collaborate with partners/consultants, and other key stakeholders including local government authorities, provincial and federal level government agencies, private sector organizations, other projects, and civil society organizations to build synergy in achieving the objectives of the project.
- Contribute to policy analysis carried out by consortium team conducive to greater private sector competitiveness.
- Provide technical inputs to local governments in policy reform, plan, and budget allocation for promoting locally led, greener economy development business and social entrepreneurship.
- Coordinate with key public and private sector institution, authorities, donors, and any other relevant organizations to promote growth, access to finance, and private sector development.
- Assist the COP and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with strategic and operational planning, including work planning, and ensure compliance with all reporting requirements of USAID and FHI 360.
- Provide strategic and technical support and guidance to partner organizations for implementation and reporting designed interventions.
- Support other related tasks of USAID Clean Air as assigned by COP or DCOP of FHI 360 Nepal office Country Director.
- Master’s degree in business administration, marketing, business development, management, or related field with 3 – 5 years of experience preferably with a focus on the business environment as well as entrepreneurship and innovation in Nepal.
- Experience in managing/providing technical support to small and medium enterprises and/or managing private sector engagement within development programs, preferably in areas of business development, and improvement.
- Experience and understanding of the private sector−environment/air pollution nexus is preferable.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with a range of stakeholders including government, private sector, finance institutions.
- Familiarity with development programs.
- Sound understanding and competence in private sector business development approaches and strategies including – business skills development, understanding of business viability dimensions.
- Knowledge of applying human-centered design or design thinking approaches in development program settings.
- Excellent managerial acumen and strategic decision-making ability to navigate evolving expectations, dynamic relationships, and varied team composition.
- Proactive in managing multiple tasks, managing, and working in virtual work environment, and flexible and open for managing time for working with different teams in different time zones as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, team building and management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and Nepali including documentation skills.
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. August 10, 2023.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.