Website Abt Associates
Position: Policy and Enabling Environment Lead – Nepal AIMS
Job Identification : 101104
Job Category : Program Delivery
Locations : Abt Associates, Kathmandu, NP
Posting Date : 11/25/2021, 02:54 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Policy and Enabling Environment Lead for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Agricultural Input Market Systems (AIMS) activity. This activity focuses on improving the productivity, competitiveness, inclusivity, and resilience of Nepal’s agriculture sector by increasing the availability and accessibility of four critical inputs – improved seed, fertilizer, irrigation, and agricultural equipment. The Agricultural Input Market Systems activity will result in the stabilization of Nepal’s agricultural input market system and reduce the specific barriers faced by women, youth, and marginalized farmers to accessing, utilizing, and benefiting from improved inputs.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Policy and Enabling Environment Lead will provide strategic technical and managerial leadership in designing and implementing activities and partnerships that strengthen the policy and enabling environment for inclusive input market systems.
The position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal and is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates.
- Provide strategic technical and managerial leadership in design and implementation of the project’s policy and enabling environment activities. This includes, but is not limited to, public-private dialogue, business advocacy, and policy formulation and implementation support.
- Support the advancement of strategies/policies pertaining to agricultural inputs, working closely with other project staff, government representatives, and private sector stakeholders.
- Assist in annual work planning and contribute to quality operational plans, budgets, and reports.
- Provide input to regular status and progress reports to USAID.
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, agriculture, regulatory reform/law, business administration, or a related field.
- At least eight years of relevant professional experience, such as in policy formulation, capacity building of government officials in policy analysis, facilitation of public-private sector dialogue, and assistance in policy implementation/enforcement.
- Experience and proven track record in the fields of legal reform, public sector engagement and strengthening, and private sector development.
- Experience working with senior ministry policy makers is highly desirable, especially in development of agricultural frameworks and new policies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
- Nepali nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
Application deadline: 13th January, 2022