Website Peace Corps
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Quality Assurance Specialist, Personal Services Contractor
CLOSING DATE: February 10, 2023
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
The Peace Corps is a U.S. governmental agency that promotes peace around the world by sharing one of America’s greatest resources: Volunteers. The Peace Corps has been operating for over fifty years in 139 countries; the agency’s mission is to promote world peace and friendship, and the goals are: to help the peoples of interested countries and areas in meeting their needs for trained men and women; to help promote a better understanding of the American people on the part of the peoples served; and, to help promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of the American people. (see www.peacecorps.gov for additional information)
Peace Corps Nepal places American Volunteers in two-year assignments in rural villages and peri-urban locations across the country.
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) to serve as a full-time, long-term personal services contractor based in Kathmandu.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will:
- Quality Assurance Champion: Serve as Peace Corps/Nepal’s champion for adopting a quality assurance and compliance culture including serving as the primary Point-of-Contact (POC) for post’s records management program.
- Volunteer Site Management: Responsible for the overall coordination and ensuring maintenance of site management file documentation
- Volunteer Information Deliverable Application (VIDA) POC: Responsible for oversight of VIDA at post, ensuring VIDA is used throughout the Site Management, Volunteer Management, and Emergency Action Plan (EAP) Event Management processes.
- Mandatory Trainings Tracking: Tracks status of all mandatory staff trainings in collaboration with Senior Leadership
- Track and Close Audit and Review Recommendations: Tracks Office of Inspector General (OIG) and Peace Corps Safety & Security Officer (PCSSO) recommendations for post, along with other formal recommendations from other offices if appropriate
- Other Duties as Assigned: Performs other duties or assignments, when deemed necessary by the Country Director or designee, for the successful implementation of Peace Corps program(s) and/or operations in Nepal including serving as a backup Safety & Security Manager (SSM), when the primary SSM is on leave or unavailable.
Refer to the Full Statement of Work for additional details
Education: B.S., B.A. or higher degree
Prior Work Experience: Five+ years of professional work experience
Language Proficiency: Professional oral and written English and Nepali proficiency
Experience and Skills:
- Experience with records management, audit, compliance, project management or Volunteer management
- Strong background in data standardization, process facilitation and management (organizational development, tracking tasks and processes and ensuring accurate documentation)
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office: Windows, Excel, Word.
- Experience working with database management software.
- Demonstrated intercultural competence, diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility related skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to synthetize, interpret, and apply regulations
- Versatility; ability to take initiative to resolve problems
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience effectively coordinating complex processes across multiple business units
Interested candidates should submit their CV a completed Applicant Questionnaire, and a cover letter in English by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should include salary requirements in the cover letter. Please list “Announcement Number: 23-001, Quality Assurance Specialist” in the subject line of the email. Only complete applications (consisting of a CV and completed Applicant Questionnaire) received by the deadline of Friday, February 10, 2023 at 5 PM will be considered.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.