Website Plan International
Position: Finance Officer
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Plan International Pacific Management Hub hosted by Asia-Pacific Hub requires additional financial services support on a fixed term basis to support the Pacific Finance Manager to manage daily transactions and data entry into SAP and other financial tasks of Pacific.
6 Months contracts
3.1 Provide accounting Support to Pacific
- Maintain records of expenditures in accordance with WBSE and GL code in the SAP system
- Review and ensure correctness of expenditure booking line (WBS, GL account, Grants number) receive from finance coordinator of Solomon and PNG and also ensure financial compliance with global financial report.
- Create vender in SAP for ATS as well as expenditure booking (T Codes MK01,MK02)
- Raise invoices in SAP based to receive weekly payment information from SOL and PNG (T code FB50, FB60, FK01)
- Perform bank Payment in SAP (T code F-53)
- Clear all open items (T codes F-03, F-44)
- Raise adjust journal for intercompany management (T code FB50)
- Update manual register with SAP transection numbers/copy of invoices and sent to finance coordinator of SOL and PNG.
3.2 Partners payment and liquidations
- Make adequate follow ups with Finance coordinators and consolidate Fortnightly Fund request.
- Prepare internal order, purchase requisitions and purchase order for partner’s payment.
- Prepare monthly CMP report from SAP and make follow ups for timely liquidations. partners payment and liquidation in SAP finance module
- Update partner’s liquidation portal ZLIQUIDATIONs in SAP.
3. Monthly Reporting’s
- Prepare and submit monthly financial report
- Prepare and submit Fortnightly Fund utilization report
- Support to prepare quarterly Pack reports
4. Payment Structure
In accordance with Plan International Nepal pay policy including for internet tariff cost are rechargeable to Plan International Pacific.
5. Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or any related subject.
- Relevant education and certification in accounting
- 3 years working experiences in accounting field and SAP
- Sound knowledge and skill with SAP
- Experience with international non-governmental organisation
- Good English communication both written and spoken
- Good internet skills
The employee will be provided with the necessary computer equipment to perform the work.
The employee will be supervised by the Plan International Pacific Finance Manager .
Location: Country Office
Reports to: Plan International Pacific Finance Manager
Closing Date:22 March 2021
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.