Saathi, an apolitical and non-governmental organization, has long been crusading against gender-based violence in Nepal. It has been working for the safety, security and empowerment of violence survivor women and girls since its establishment in 1992. As an organization committed to the elimination of all forms of violence meted about against women and girls in the country, it focuses on tackling trafficking, unsafe migration, child marriage, domestic violence and sexual and gender-based violence. The organization is also running the interventions in addressing internal trafficking of the young children and girls, specially in the adult entertainment sector. Saathi is now going to implement Supporting Children, Adolescents and Youth At Risk Of And Survivors Of Exploitation. In Nepal (UTTHAN)” under the auspices of The World Education Inc (WEI). The project aims to reach out and provide protection services, including psychosocial counselling and training for the children trafficked internally and children in exploitative child labor such as in the adult entertainment sector. The project will build the capacity of the children at risk and survivors providing them with educational, life skills or vocational trainings. Therefore, Saathi invites application from interested and able candidates for the following posts for the project mentioned above
No. of Vacancies: 02
Start date: 1 December, 2021
Duration: 9 months (Fixed Term)
Report to: Program Officer
Primary Roles and responsibilities but not limited to:
- Gather information about the entertainment sector establishment before conducting any field visit.
- Make preliminary outreach interventions through rapport building activities with the employers of the entertainment establishment.
- Make regular outreach visits to the identified entertainment establishments follow-up and assessment.
- Sensitize and make the owners of the entertainment establishments aware of the purpose of the program and the importance of the outreach work.
- Communicate with beneficiaries concerning the program activities offered in the Drop-In-Center (DIC). Provide necessary guidance to interested beneficiaries and get them acquainted to the DIC services.
- Identify the need of the beneficiaries for counseling and share with the counselor.
- Carryout follow up activities to monitor the situation of the entertainment establishment.
- Accesses and record community resource information, manually or using computer, to input and retrieve information.
- Fill-up all the related forms and hand over to the program officer
- Coordinate with all the project staffs to identify training institutes for the beneficiaries
- Follow up on the progress of the beneficiaries involved in different trainings and report development in the training front to the program coordinator.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in social science or related subject
- At least 5 years’ experience in NGO focusing on internal trafficking, especially adult entertainment sector
- Demonstrated understanding of the GBV and VAW&C issues
- Sound knowledge on issues of internal trafficking and girl’s exploitation on adult entertainment sector
- Excellent verbal communication skills, in Nepali
- Effective team player, flexible, proactive, creative and innovative
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to plan, organize and deliver results
- Committed to Saathi’s vision and mission
- Clear understating of right based and victim centric approach
NOTE: Only female candidates are requested to apply.
Interested candidates for above all the positions are requested to send their C.V (not more than 2 pages) along with a cover letter (including expected salary for this position),
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 November 2021 (17:30 hours Nepali Time)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Selected candidates should be present with their academic credentials and training certificates on the day of interview.