Website Care Nepal
Functional Title: Operations and Logistics Officer
Responsibility Level / Grade: Province Level Staff , Province 2 only
Department / Project / PN: Finance / ARH Project
Workstation: Province Office
Incumbent’s Name: To Be Determined
Supervisor/ Principal Evaluator: Finance, Operation and Monitoring Specialist
USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH), is an adolescent co-led initiative to empower girls and boys, 10-19 years and including the most marginalized, to attain their adolescent reproductive health (ARH) rights. The goal of the program is to support adolescents to reach their full potential by; ensuring they receive correct and appropriate reproductive health (RH) information and guidance to decision-making skills, creating an environment conductive to making healthy reproductive health decisions and facilitating translation of these decisions into healthy behaviors.
This position is responsible for administration and logistics management of Province 2 Office in order to provide efficient support to project with respect to procurement of office and project materials at field level, vehicle/transport management, and logistical support for air and surface travel, hotel arrangement for workshop seminar and dispatch of office and project materials to the project sites. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for day-to-day operation of Province 2 Office and act with safety and security focal person of that office.
The employee shall fully comply with safety and security procedure of CARE and should be accountable for it.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Procurement of goods and services at field level
- Make sure that the procured goods and services available at local market is of high standard/quality examined through CARE’s established policy and procedure under the one window system
- Process procurement requests in line with the procurement plan, budget availability and in compliance with donor restrictions, and also, complete information on specification, size, and brand name of the required items.
- Timely provision of procurement support to user groups/partners
- Ensure that the goods and services required in supporting program operations are procured in a transparent and ethical manner while ensuring timeliness, quality and best overall value.
- Prepare requests for quotation to be sent to the vendors and obtain quotes
- Analyze quotations, and prepare Summary Bid Analysis (SBA)
- Review active orders to determine delivery status
- Follow up with vendors to assure prompt delivery and to ensure payment is made timely
- Communicate with staff concerning delivery progress
- Perform delegated procurement officer functions as required
- Maintain procurement master files and records and ensure completeness and accuracy
R2. People soft related functions
- Perform the role of Procurement Data Entry personnel (PDE)
- Conduct anti-terrorism list checking for vendors (either directly, or by routing to other personnel to perform)
- Review purchase requests (PR) for completeness and approvals to be forwarded to concerned authority
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) in PeopleSoft and submit for approval
R3. Logistics Management
- Provide logistical support to the projects/staff/visitors in an effective and timely manner
- Prepare the Receipt Forms, Waybills or Delivery Forms of the procured items and maintain proper ledger and inventory records prior to dispatching them to respective projects.
- Arrangement of delivery of project materials up to the road head or nearest airport of the respective project offices is made determining appropriate means of transportation and adopting cost effective process.
- Make necessary air and surface domestic travel and hotel arrangement for CARE staff, visitors and user groups for cross visits/study tour internal/external training and workshops to be held in and around liaison Office.
- Facilitate routine repairs and maintenance of office equipment including computers.
- Maintain lease agreements of the office buildings in conformity with the policy including timely extension and reporting to the Central Office
R4 Transport Management
- Manage vehicle for province office based vehicles as per policy
- In the case of outside project locations ensure that travel approval from concerned authority is obtained and vehicle is used as per CARE’s policy
- Ensure that all the vehicles are in running conditions to provide efficient support to the projects/staff/visitors as and when required.
- Ensure that routine repairs, maintenance and servicing of the vehicles are carried out and records maintained accordingly.
- Submit database of repair maintenance and fuel consumption report to Central Office for recording purpose as required.
- Support in hiring private vehicles for official purposes in accordance with the current security situation as required by staff and the projects.
R5. Safety and Security
- Responsible for determining appropriate security system for Butwal Liaison Office
- Maintain chain of command between security focal person at Central Office on safety and security related issues to update and obtain related information.
- Ensure proper security of personnel and office properties, preventive measures considering the prevailing situation of surroundings is taken.
- Inform direct and indirect reports on organization’s security procedure and guidance and provide communications on security from time to time.
- Obtain and analyze security situation in and around and report to the supervisor and SSFP at the Central Office on a timely manner.
R6. Upholding CARE’s Core values and ensuring its principles
- Comply and exercise organizational values and culture
- Help to promote rights and good governance
- Responsible for gender responsive behavior in all actions and decisions
R7. Staff Supervision and Development
- Acts as the direct line manager for Office Helpers and support staff as relevant
- Support staff development and capacity building
- Keep them abreast on current situation and reorient them on new guideline whenever changes occur
- Monitor their progress and mentor them to help then perform better
- Encourage their participation in the social events of the office whenever possible
Spending Authority: None
Based in Province 2 with field visits as per need.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant degree equivalent with minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Ability to develop good rapport with local communities, partners, vendors, airline/surface travel providers project staff and related line agencies
- Strong skills, knowledge and experiences in the administration and management of office and the staff
- Good knowledge on vehicle management and its repair maintenance.
- Good knowledge of local and international procurement system.
- Good knowledge of financial and inventory controlling system.
- Adequate analytical skills
- Good skills in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in use of word processing and spreadsheets
- Good knowledge and experiences on security of staff and properties