Website Room to Read
Room to Read (RtR) seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in low-income countries by focusing on Literacy and Gender Equality in Education.
RtR Nepal invites applications from interested Nepali citizens for the following position;
Officer, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
The Research Officer of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RM&E) unit at the Country Office (CO), designs, implements, and manages program-specific research and evaluation activities, and supports to manage the monitoring activities in consultation with the Manager, RM&E. The Research Officer’s primary responsibility is to focus on in-country research and evaluation projects needs of all programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify the research agenda and design and develop the in-country research agenda.
- Develop the methodology related to in-country research and evaluation studies including instrumentation, data collection, implementation, and analysis plans.
- Oversee and track the implementation of research and evaluation projects and ensure that the project remains on schedule.
- Develop and manage detailed work plans and budgets for research.
- Support to conduct learning activities and case studies and document the learnings for future planning and implementation.
- Coordinate with Head of Operations of Padhnako Lagi Kotha (PLK), Literacy Director (LD), and Program Managers (both LP and GEP) through periodic discussions and review meetings and GO to identify the program research ad study needs
- Support to carry out research and evaluation in collaboration with Manager, RM&E, and GO RM&E on various aspects of Literacy program (LP) and Girls’ Education Program (GEP).
- Support the Country Program Team in selecting and implementing appropriate research and evaluation designs, development/ modification of tools, collection, and analysis of data, and report writing for enhancing LP and GEP.
- Support in cross-national research and evaluation as per the approved design under the guidance of GO RM&E.
- Explore important problems and questions related to the program to create meaningful and useful solutions by designing firmly grounded research focusing on relevant programmatic needs.
- Coordinate with program teams to identify the ‘key concerns’ in planning, developing, and implementing in-country research and evaluations. This will include regular coordination with country team members, and management and technical assistance in design, implementation, and report writing.
- Support to conduct the capacity development activities on Research, Monitoring, Evaluation, and learning to the program and field teams.
- Support to conduct program monitoring activities including activity tracking, program output monitoring, and performance monitoring.
- Support to conduct verification of data quality in line with manuals/guidelines on stipulated schedule.
- Support to analyze both qualitative and quantitative data as per design/methods and prepare a preliminary report.
- Travel within the country to project sites to conduct and support research and evaluation projects as visualized by research and evaluation design.
- Collaborate with Manager, RM&E and coordinate with RM&E colleagues in other countries, and with the GO RM&E Team, in carrying out the above roles and responsibilities.
- Other duties as necessary assigned by Manager, RM&E.
- Master’s degree in education or a related field (such as education/rural development, research, evaluation, or statistics)
- A minimum of 4 years of related professional experience in the areas of design/development and supervision of research, evaluation, monitoring, and learning.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including experience using software packages such as SPSS/ STATA, Excel, and QDAs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability and desire to travel in-country frequently, and occasionally internationally
- Prior experience of working in a non-profit organization
- Proven track record of juggling multiple priorities simultaneously and taking initiative
Experience and/or technical competence in several or all of the following areas:
- Research, monitoring, and evaluation framework and methodology.
- Research and evaluation design/ methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact)
- Methods and tools of data analysis, interpretation, and report writing
- Writing of research and evaluation proposal
- Latest systems/methods to collect data (Information Technology/ Tablets/Mobile phones, etc.)
- Education theme-based research and evaluation
- Student reading assessments.
- Management of research and evaluation projects.
- Management of consultants and data collectors
- Working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits; benefits including 13th-month bonus, provident fund, medical insurance for staff and their dependents, accidental insurance for staff; leaves and staff professional development. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing, transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Nepal – Main – Lalitpur
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Interested applicants can visit the below link and click on “Officer, Research, Monitoring and Evaluation” for a detailed job description and to apply for this position: https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead
E-mail or drop-in applications will not be entertained for this position.
In case you are not able to access our website, please send us an e-mail request for the link to email@example.com
Last date for application: November 12, 2021
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 29 October, 2021