Website Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN)
Nutrition/MEAL Officer, Field-1
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working mainly in the areas of community development, livelihood, food and nutrition security, education, health, and good governance. The organization equally promotes human rights and social justice, having a strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social, and cultural rights and the right to development in Nepal. RRN also works extensively on natural resource management, disaster management, and climate change adaptation. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable, and disadvantaged groups in rural areas.
RRN has been granted the Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations since 1997. It is also accredited to the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
Currently, RRN is looking for competent candidates to fulfill the following positions for “Citizen empowerment to improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in Rolpa district, Lumbini province, Nepal (POSHAN SUDHAR) funded by Welthungerhilfe /BMZ and being implemented by RRN in Triveni and Runtigadhi Rural Municipalities of Rolpa district, Nepal.
Position: Nutrition/MEAL Officer, Field-1
Main Responsibilities: The person will perform dual functions: First, to provide the nutrition technical backstopping to the field team and, Second, he/she will be responsible for the overall monitoring, evaluation, knowledge management and accountability (Inclusive core humanitarian standards) related tasks management. He/she support Project Coordinator in report preparation, data analysis and closely work with the Agro-officer and field team.
Qualification & Required Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Food and Nutrition and other relevant disciplines having more than Five years experiences work as a Nutrition Officer and MEAL officer and relevant discipline in rural areas and districts of Nepal in the field of agriculture, food and nutrition and community development sectors.
- Knowledge and skills on tools of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL), facilitation of Growth Monitoring under 5 children, Positive Deviance, PPP (seven steps), POCAP, LANN+ group’s facilitation for transformation of community and marginalized groups’ nutrition behaviour through diet diversity, NERP facilitation, health and nutrition staff mobilisation.
- Previous work experience in similar kind of project like Agriculture, Food Security, Nutrition and integrated community development sectors and social and community mobilization.
- Experiences in working with team, team building, and outcomes-oriented community level engagement for building the synergy outcomes and results in collaboration with concern local stakeholders and other development actors.
- Experiences in organizing training, facilitation of workshops and other capacity building activities for different level of audiences.
- Well versed in English and Nepali languages and have good knowledge of computer skills with general software such as Microsoft Office and excel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and MEAL report writing.
- Interested and keen for policy lobby and advocacy on said sectors at local, provincial level.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Coordination, Collaboration, Leadership & organizational skills
- Motorbike driving skills with a license (preferable)
Programme Manager and Finance Officer are be based in Head Office, Kathmandu and frequently travel to the field as required. Project Coordinator, Agriculture Officer, Nutrition/ MEAL Officer, and Admin and Finance Officer will be based in a field office (anticipated at Holeri) Rolpa district with frequently monitor and visit to project area/ward level of Triveni and Runtigadhi RM. Sub-engineers, JTAs, and Nutrition Facilitators (SM) will be based at the field/ward level (60%) in Triveni and Runtigadhi RM Rolpa.
The salary and benefit of each position shall be as per organization’s rules. Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with an updated CV through E-mail to email@example.com on or before 5 pm of 7th Nov. 2021.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy. Local, competent female candidates and from excluded and less represented communities/groups are highly encouraged to apply. RRN is an equal opportunity organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of recruitment. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.