Organization: Nagarik Aawaz
Nagarik Aawaz (NA) is a peacebuilding organization which believes in bringing everyday peace with the lens of care by contributing to the energy of women and youth and help people live with dignity and justice. NA was established in 2001. It was registered as an NGO within the district administration office in 2002 and began its strategic peacebuilding works. As a peacebuilding organization, it harnesses the energy of youth and women, creates safe spaces, and invests in creating strong institutions in communities for sustainable development.
For more details: www.nagarikaawaz.org.np
Position: Sr.Program Officer
Duration: Initially for two years with possibility of extension.
Minimum required qualification: Masters Degree in peace and conflict studies or in other social science with three years of work experience.
The candidate for this position will be based in Lalitpur with occasional field travel in relation to work and is required to:
• Be responsible for overall management of the project she/he is assigned to Ensure effective management and implementation of Nagarik Aawaz peacebuilding programs, initiatives and activities
• Correspond and communicate with the donors, partners, networks, organizations and individuals as per the need
• Design and facilitate the workshops/trainings on conflict transformation framework and pertinent social issues
• Conduct formal and community programs/events of Nagarik Aawaz as and when required.
• Work closely with Program Manager and CEO in planning and making necessary arrangements of the programs
Last date to apply: 27th August 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please send in your application for the desired post with an updated CV with a photo (if possible), and a maximum of one-page write-up (in English, single space, font size 12) on “Why Do You Think You Are The Best Person For This Position?”
Application has to reach Nagarik Aawaz no later than August 27, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Direct phone calls will not be entertained.
Remuneration and benefits will commensurate with the rules of NA; women applicants will be given priority.