Organization: Nepal Forum of Environmental Journalists (NEFEJ)
The Nepal Forum of Environmental Journalists (NEFEJ) is a leading environmental non-governmental organization (NGO) which promotes and raises public awareness on environment, sustainable development, and other social concerns through multimedia. Since its establishment in 1986, NEFEJ – popularly known as ‘ Forum’ – has been working on advocacy through print, television, radio and online to achieve its main objectives: to bring environmental and developmental information to the mass, which in turn will raise awareness, promote understanding, deliver justice and equity, and encourage conservation on both a local and national level.
Position: Senior Finance Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Lalitpur
Education Level : Bachelor
Experience Required : More than or equals to 3 years
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Account with minimum three years of relevant work experience
• Good understanding and flexibility in working
• Knowledge in administrative and accounting procedures of the governmental and nongovernmental organizations
• Knowledge of organizations financial regulations and procedures
• Competent in operating MS Office and accounting software
• Excellent knowledge on English and Nepali language, financial report writing in English is the most
• Person having experience with donor funded project account management would be an additional advantage
• Handling Day to Day cash and Bank Transaction
• Cash and Bank Reconciliation
• Check and ensure all expenditures of project are in accordance with NEFEJ’s policies and procedures. This includes ensuring that receipts are obtained for all payments
• Assets to continuously improve system & procedures to enhance internal controls to satisfy audit requirements
• Prepare vouchers for all transactions in the accounting software
• Carry out timely release and settlement of project budgets/expenses and staff advances
• Support to prepare periodic financial reports and assist in financial analysis for program and operations
• Assist in monitoring and controlling expenses
• Ensure preparation of Tax, VAT and TDS returns
Last date to apply: 23 August 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Application letter mentioning the expected salary and motivation factor along with latest curriculum-vitae, a recent passport size photograph, a copy of citizenship certificate should be submitted at the following address by 23 August 2019.
Nepal Forum of Environmental Journalists (NEFEJ), Bhanimandal, Lalitpur-Nepal
Email: email@example.com (In subject line of email mention: Application for Finance Officer)
Only short listed candidates will be called for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.