ChoraChori-Nepal (CCN) is a registered NGO which rescues Nepali children from abusive situations in Nepal and India, manages their trauma and reintegrates them with their families and communities. Where this is not possible, we provide for children’s care, education and training until they can look after themselves as young adults. Since early 2018, CCN have also been involved in cases of child rape within Nepal, and currently support survivors at CCN’s Children’s Refuge and Rehabilitation Centre which also offers a safe house and Trauma Centre with trained psychologists and counsellors to help survivors overcome their traumatic experiences. CCN is determined not only to provide services to survivors but also to bring child abusers to justice and actively pursues legal cases against them. Post rehabilitation we aim to return children to their families as our primary goal. If this is not possible we provide long term care, including education and training to enable the children to become self-sufficient adults.
Position: Regional Coordinator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Dhanusha
Offered Salary : NRs. 30,000.00 – 45,000.00 Monthly
Education Level : Bachelor
Experience Required : More than 2 years
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent written and spoken English and Nepali. Relevant regional language skills (Maithili/Bhojpuri).
• Strong analytical and research skills.
• Strong networking skills and experience in developing and managing relationships with like-minded organizations.
• Ability to work on own initiative, problem solve and take effective decisions.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure as there are various risk factors.
• Highly organized, great time management skills, and attention to detail; flexible and adaptable; ability to take responsibility; a strong team player.
• Competent with Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Previous experience working in a similar field is an advantage.
• Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender-based violence.
• Good understanding of the development and NGO sector in the associated area.
• Experience working with coalitions and networks.
CCN is currently searching for a candidate looking for an exciting challenge. The role is to work as Regional Coordinator for the NGO and coordinate between the head and regional offices to ensure the planning and implementation of all CCN projects in the region, including liaising with government agencies when necessary. S/he will be responsible for achieving project outcomes which are rights-based, gender transformative and empower women.
The role is a challenging but exciting opportunity for a proactive candidate looking for the chance to help change lives and empower young women through the provision of skills training and by responding to and fighting against cases of child sexual assault in the region. The responsibilities of the post are as follows:
• Overall management of regional projects and local staff.
• Respond to cases of child sexual assault in the region by providing support to survivors, referring survivors for further psychological, legal or residential support where required and conducting follow-up visits.
• Lead community awareness-raising efforts concerning child trafficking and child sexual assault in the region.
• Assist with the repatriation of Nepali children, including tracing families in the region and conducting follow-up visits.
• Conduct research on potential trainees, their background and communities and provide general supervision of the trainees during training.
• Ensure regular and effective communication with head office.
• Conduct field visits for existing and potential projects.
• Role will demand regular field visits throughout the region, often at short notice.
• Liaise with government agencies in the associated region.
• Participate in any required program training.
• Manage all Facilitators in the region.
• Write reports, report financial expenses and maintain up-to-date profiles of all beneficiaries.
• Review project documents and progress reports to ensure activities carried out are of quality and implemented punctually.
• Communicate effectively with a wide range of people at different levels and from different cultures and backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.
Last date to apply: 28th January 2020
HOW TO APPLY
please submit a cover letter of maximum two pages and a CV to email@example.com with ‘Application-‘Regional Coordinator” in the subject line before 28th January 2020. Female candidates from the region will be given preference.