Organization: Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA)
Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA) is a Japan based, non-governmental organization established in 1981. SVA Nepal Office will implement SBCC (Social Behavior Change and Communication) and NSL (Nutrition-Sensitive Literacy) COMPONENT OF NATIONAL SCHOOL MEALS PROGRAMME IN NUWAKOT DISTRICT in agreement with WFP Nepal and Partnership with Local NGO, which will target 453 public schools and communities in all 12 Palika in the District for three years starting in May 2020. SVA is seeking for the Project Coordinator of this project.
Position: Project Coordinator
Duty Station : Kathmandu (with frequent field visit to Nuwakot)
Duration : 1, May 2020 to 31, Dec 2021 with possibility to extend
Salary and benefits : As per the organization policy.
• Master’s Degree in Education, Social Science, Development studies or any other relevant field. (Essential)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in project management in education and/or community development sector. (Essential)
• Experiences in SBCC or education/awareness materials on nutrition for students and adults are preferable.
This position will be based in SVA Nepal Office; Kathmandu with the main purpose to lead on implementing SBCC AND NSL COMPONENT OF NATIONAL SCHOOL MEALS PROGRAMME IN NUWAKOT DISTRICT of WFP Nepal.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate to implement planned activities including production of SBCC materials, training and meeting in coordination and consultation with project manager of WFP, district and central level stakeholders.
2. Monitor the implementation of activities and ensure quality of activity and product with frequent field visits.
3. Supervise and guide project officer, finance/admin officer, and social mobilizers based in Nuwakot.
4. Prepare narrative progress report and finalize financial report for submission to WFP.
5. Liaise with and report to project manager of WFP.
6. Ensure the government legal compliance as per the provision of Nepal Government.
7. Liaison with Partner Organization to implement activities.
8. Ensure the effective use of the fund and maintain the transparency and accountability.
9. Work with SVA Nepal office staff with being supervised by SVA Program Manager.
10. Other responsibilities as assigned by Country Director of SVA.
1. Project management coordination with social mobilization skill
2. Monitoring and report writing skills
3. Strong leadership and effective communication skill
4. Ability to work with and coordinate different stakeholders such as government officials, teachers, communities and donors
5. Training and facilitation skill
6. Education material development and production skill (Preferable)
7. Ability to work independently and as a team
8. Computer skills
9. Fluency in written and spoken English & Nepali
Last date to apply: 23rd April 2020
HOW TO APPLY
This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. Applicants need to apply with cover letter mentioning the expected salary with their updated CV by 23rd April 2020 no later than 17:00 via email email@example.com
Please mention the job title in the subject of email. Only the short listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. No calls shall be entertained.
Qualified candidates from minorities, indigenous groups, women and with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.