Organization: Social Service Center (SOSEC)
Position: Project Coordinator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Dailekh
Summary of Position
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal is working by giving high priority and sensitivity on the right of women and children under the principle of integrated development approach to obtain right of women, children, raute community and backwarded communities at Dailekh, Kalikot and Surkhet districts of Karnali province and Achham district of Sudurpaschim Province of Nepal with the coordination and collaboration with different development partner organization. The organization is also adopting zero tolerance policy on violence against women & children and corruption.
SOSEC is going to implement School Leadership and Management (SLaM) component as well under SAHAYATRA II partnering with Save the Children in coordination of Gurans Rural Municipality in Dailekh district. For this, we seek application from competent and self-motivated Nepali citizen for the following position. The position is based in Dailekh (Gurans Rural Municipality).
• Involve in training/orientation program to be organized while implementing project activities in the schools or Palika level.
• Conduct regular meetings with head teachers, teachers, SMC members, local government representatives and other stakeholders for the effective implementation of the project interventions,
• Implementation of the project’s intervention in the targeted schools in line with the SLaM intervention design document, project guidelines and action plan in coordination with Gurans Rural Municipality, wards committee, SAHAYATRA project team, School Management Committees (SMC), Head Teachers and Teacher
• Engage in surveys and assesment on school leadership and management when required,
• Conduct regular field visit to the schools to fallow up SLaM journaling activities, response to the project interventions to identify potential approaches for effectiveness of SLaM approach,
• Collect both qualitative and quantitative data from field as and when required, assist on data processing and document them in the properly manner,
• Assist in compiling and developing project reports, prepare case study, collect feedbacks for developmental evaluation coordinating with the MEAL and documentation team,
• Establish and maintain close coordination with Gurans Rural Municipality, SAHAYATRA team, SMC, Head Teachers, Teachers and other stakeholders,
• Harmonize with SAHAYATRA program team for planning, monitoring, reporting and intervention execution,
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Development Studies, Social Work, or related Social Sciences
• Minimum 3 years (2 years for GSI group) experience in implementing education projects related to schools including research, community mobilization. And experience of working closely with the government will be an added advantage.
• Sound computer skills on word processing, excel, power-point, and other basic computer software.
Information about Exam:
Types of Exam: Written and Interview
Publication of Shortlist: 28th January 2020
Date of Exam: Written Exam will be conducted in 3rd Feb 2020 for Shortlisted Candidates only.
Service & Facilities: As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Last date to apply: 27 January 2020