Organization: National Association of PLWHA in Nepal
National Association of People Living with HIV in Nepal (NAP+N) is a national network of People Living with HIV (PLHIV) was established in 2003 that works at national level and local community-based organizations and communities with a mission to strengthen the voice of PLHIV through formation and strengthening of networks and association of PLHIV to respond to the challenges of HIV and AIDS in Nepal. NAP+N focuses on building the capacity of local PLHIV groups to respond appropriately to the needs of PLHIV and its related key populations in areas of advocacy, prevention, care and support, counseling, raising community awareness, providing information and education and improving access to the healthcare and legal services. NAP+N has been implementing The Global Fund’s Catalytic Fund-PLHIV Program in 57 districts of Nepal in partnership with Save the Children International. And this is specially designed to support for reducing the Human Rights related barriers of HIV in Nepal.
NAP+N is seeking application from qualified, smart and result-oriented Nepali citizens for the following positions under The Global Fund Catalytic Fund -PLHIV program in partnership with Save the Children International.
Position: Project Advocacy Officer
Job Overview : The Project Advocacy Officer is responsible to lead the compile the Human Rights violation related issues, and advocate those issues in concern areas to support to mitigate such issues and also support to reduce the stigma and discrimination with ensuring the Human Rights of PLHIVs effective and efficient manner in close coordination with Program Management Unit (PMU) team under NAP+N. The Project Advocacy Officer is one of the member of PMU of NAP+N. This position will also contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and plan.
Reports to : Program Manager
No of position : 1 (One)
Duty Station : Kathmandu with frequent travel to study areas in Nepal
Position type : Contract
Salary & Benefits: : As per the organizational rule for this position
Contract Duration : Initially up to 31st December 2019 and possibilities of extension upon the performance
Position type : 100%
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist Program Manager and National Coordinator in Designing, planning and implementing advocacy strategy
• Coordinate with different agencies and NAP+N’s other program units, Provincial offices to raise issues related to PLHIV rights and support NAP+N in strengthening capacity of local CBOs
• Supervise and support district level implementing partners and NAP+N Provincial Chapters in making advocacy plans
• Organizing seminars, workshops and special lectures; shall spend much of the time in correspondence with speakers, press and invitees
• Prepare project reports and organizational reports as required by project documents and guidance
• Develop and update reporting system/channels within the organization and across partner organizations
• Develop systematic archives (electronic or other) and update regularly ensuring that required documents are available as and when necessary
• Assist Program Manager and National Coordinator in preparing and publishing advocacy related documents.
• Coordinate with government and other agencies for policy and advocacy to achieve the National Goal
• Actively participate and represent the organization in various workshop, seminar, meetings and movements to share NAP+N position on various issues after in-house consultation
• Support the process to form networks with various stakeholders such as development sector donors, NGOs, private sector, research organizations and academic institutions to mobilize their support for sustainable development initiatives
• Assist Program Manager and National Coordinator in recording minutes of the meetings (where required), and preparation of “Advocacy Unit” reports for various purposes
• Keep tabs on research and use the channels of advocacy to facilitate the process of lobbying for policy making/change
• Attends external events as required, including as a member of the team supporting the organization’s presence and profile
• Undertakes other duties which may be appropriate within the areas of responsibility of the post, as and when assigned by Board
Qualifications and Experience :
• University Bachelor degree with 3 years experience or PLHIV having Intermediate Level with 5 years of working experiences in similar field
• Ability to work with target groups they are people living with HIV/AIDS
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team work skills
• Good oral and written skills in English
• Command in report preparation, event note and record keeping
• Proficiency on computer usage on office Packages, email and internet
• Willingness to travel in project districts inside country
Last date to apply: 20 November 2019
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates are requested to submit curriculum vitae and motivation letter with subject head as “Application for the position of Project Advocacy Officer” to email@example.com no later than 4 PM of 20 Nov, 2019.
People living with HIV or affected candidate meeting above requirements are highly encouraged to apply.
NAP+N reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without assigning any reason whatsoever.