Organization: Ujyalo Foundation
Ujyalo Foundation is a feminist organization with a mission to increase the number of women and women identifying individuals in decision making roles. Established in 2014, Ujyalo Foundation actively works in the issue of gender, sexuality, masculinity, gender based violence and leadership. Additionally, Ujyalo Foundation is the only leadership and idea incubation institution in Nepal for women and women identifying individuals that from 12 years and above.
Ujyalo also leads groundbreaking programs like Empower, Understanding Masculinity in the Nepali context, and NiDARR. NiDARR is the only self help smartphone application in Nepal to report gender based violence.
Vision: To create safe spaces for women and women identifying individuals to learn and lead in Nepal.
Position: Program Manager
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu , Nepal
Offered Salary : NRs. 60,000.00 – 75,000.00 Monthly
• Master’s degree or equivalent in gender studies, women studies, project management or relevant field
• At least three years of supervisory experience
• Event planning experience
• Facilitation experience
• 3-5 years of project management experience
• Experience overseeing projects from implementation to evaluation
• Professional and/or academic experiences in gender or sexuality or feminist leadership issues in Nepal
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Personal Attitudes and Behavior :
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Nepali and English
• Ability to meet deadlines and report challenges and opportunities as needed
• Innovative, self-driven and a team player
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
• Demonstrate willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
• Flexibility with work hours as needed
• Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines
• Demonstrated management, leadership abilities, accountability, and initiative
• Ability to prioritize, take initiative, be proactive, and work independently
Some of these will be a plus point :
• A positive attitude and energy to grow and thrive in diverse settings;
• Open and driven mindset to challenge the society, the Team and the organization with creativity and innovative ideas;
• Be a Team player, dreamer, believer and an achiever!
The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing all program staff, implementing and coordinating all program activities, and managing all administrative tasks related to programs.
A. Program Supervision:
• Ability to design, plan and facilitate sessions
• Liaise with partners and stakeholders related to programs and trainings
• Ensure all programs are running within budget restrictions
• Oversee all Program Leads, Coordinators, and Interns
B. Public Relations and New Programs
• Identify and maintain relationships with community stakeholders who are directly linked to the Foundation’s working area
• Establish and nurture collaborations with key individuals, communities, I/NGOs and government bodies
• Identify new programs with the Executive Director and the team leads
• Involvement in new program conceptualization, proposals and further processes
• Schedule and facilitate meetings including debriefs with partner organizations
C. Communication and Documentation
• Find best practices for sharing updates of Ujyalo Foundation projects internally and externally
• Work with team members to produce info graphics on project updates
• Documentation of all project activities
• Provide quarterly assessments of funding opportunities
• Identify possible funding sources for Foundation programs
E. Organizational Management
• Manage organization wide calendars
• Evaluate and monitor programs
• Manage and evaluate programs
• Provide monthly and quarterly program reports
• Liaise and coordinate with both US and Nepal board
Duration : Three year renewal contract with competitive compensation and benefits to suit the experience and skills will be offered.
Last date to apply: September 13, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
The deadline to apply for the position is Friday, September 13, 2019. For priority consideration, please send your resume, and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please mention the position and your name on the title of each document, for example: [Program Manager]_[Your Name]. Only applications that are complete will be reviewed. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. No phone calls will be entertained.
Ujyalo is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals from all backgrounds, gender identity or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.